Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > My New Scoot

My New Scoot

攸hw不f

Its da bomb...well...with the right fuel mixture anythings possible.
But it'll do like 90 on the straightaways, yo.

yamaha mx 100 !!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
http://www.ramusa.org/
Cash for *who*?
http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/

philo

nobody > wrote:
> philo wrote:
>> 攸hw不f wrote:
>>> Its da bomb...well...with the right fuel mixture anythings possible.
>>> But it'll do like 90 on the straightaways, yo.
>>>
>>> yamaha mx 100 !!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>>

>> When I was in the army (a million years ago)
>> a buddy of mine had a Yamaha

>> it was weird in that if you pulled the plug from the headlight assembly
>> you could start the thing without a key.
>> he let my try it out once and I did not know what the hell I was doing...
>> I popped the clutch and gave it way too much gas.
>> did a wheelie with forks off to the side at maybe a 30 degree angle
>> and quite high.
>> Luckily the thing went forward in a straight line and I eventually set
>> it down safely.
>> (needless to say I scared the **** out of myself)
>> I think all the guys in the unit thought I was showing off some trick
>> I had perfected
>> that was 1970 and I don't think I've ever drive a motorcycle since

> Funny how motorcycles and the military seem to mix.
>
> I was going thru USAF tech school at Keesler AFB/ Biloxi MS. back in 69.
> I scored a "free ride" gig by helping one of the senior NCO instructors
> ferry his small fleet of rental bikes (mostly 90cc Kawasakis) out to the
> beach on weekends and evenings. I'd also take those bikes to the
> dealer's shop for repairs.
>
> One weekend, things were slow. The Kawi dealer had gotten in his first
> 500cc triples, and wanted someone with some background to take one out
> and get some break-in miles on it before it went out on the floor and
> taken for test rides. I was handed $10 (lotsa money then!) for gas and
> food and told to put as many miles on it as my butt could stand.
>
> It was getting late, and I was on (then) US 90 (now Beach Boulevard)
> headed back. There was a "lookie-lou" beachbunny ogler going about 25 in
> the right lane in front of me, and the left lane was doing about 50.
>
> I hadn't really opened up the Kwacker 500 before that...
>
> I dropped 2 gears and grabbed a handful of throttle to pass...
>
> The front end of that thing reached for the sky.. big time!
>
> Somehow, I managed to move over into the left lane with the front end up
> and got the front end back down and straight.
>
> I didn't "brown out" my BVDs, but there was definitely a funny peak in
> the seat upholstery from the pucker factor.

!!!!!

Yep

as to the ten bucks

that was a decent amount of cash

back then a sp4 made $249 a month

攸hw不f

R瀻瘲 <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed) >:

>攸hw不f wrote:
>> Its da bomb...well...with the right fuel mixture anythings possible.
>> But it'll do like 90 on the straightaways, yo.
>>
>> yamaha mx 100 !!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>This article is about what so far has been my one and only motorcycle,

>rather modest 350cc I thought when I bought it:
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ntlm62
>
>I regularly scared myself on it. On many occasions I caught myself

doing
>over 100MPH in rush hour traffic. I could outrun a friend's Datsun

240Z
>which ****ed him off no end.

The four was built as a street legal cafe racer inspired machine.
I had a CL 350 Twin. THose were dogs. Reliable? Sure, but not zippy.
Wish I still had it though.
^_^

攸hw不f

fphilo <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed)>:

>攸hw不f wrote:
>> Its da bomb...well...with the right fuel mixture anythings possible.
>> But it'll do like 90 on the straightaways, yo.
>>
>> yamaha mx 100 !!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>

>When I was in the army (a million years ago)
>
>a buddy of mine had a Yamaha
>

>it was weird in that if you pulled the plug from the headlight

assembly

>you could start the thing without a key.

That is weird.

>he let my try it out once and I did not know what the hell I was
>doing...
> I popped the clutch and gave it way too much gas.

Uh oh.

>did a wheelie with forks off to the side at maybe a 30 degree angle

and
>quite high.
>
>Luckily the thing went forward in a straight line and I eventually set
>it down safely.
>
>(needless to say I scared the **** out of myself)
>
>I think all the guys in the unit thought I was showing off some trick

>had perfected
>

> that was 1970 and I don't think I've ever drive a motorcycle since

First experiences are important. My first bike ride was when I was 7
and on a friends minibike.
Right then and there I knew it was the absolute kewlest thing I'd ever
done in my life.

^_^