Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Test - please ignore

Test - please ignore

David Ruether

Sorry, if this gets posted - but I have been trying to post here
for a couple of days unsuccessfully even though I have been able
to post to other NGs.
--DR

David Ruether

"David Ruether" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:h85tpb$j7h$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Sorry, if this gets posted - but I have been trying to post here
> for a couple of days unsuccessfully even though I have been able
> to post to other NGs.
> --DR

[OK, so that one did post, but the below again didn't - so I will try
"attaching" it to this post...]

Recently I've had more interesting visions than previously.
Early ones consisted of a closing black-field aperture (1/2
second), followed by an instant return to normal vision. The
center was occupied by a still of what I had been last looking
at (and there have been variations on this). Lately, I've "seen"
parallel tilted blue neon tubes in the aperture center, and
"hyper-real" very close-in views of a white china surface with
the medium blue or red silk-screened patterning clearly evident,
and black, gold, and green or blue brocade cloth with all its
stitching and weaving very clear - these last ones within a larger
aperture. Before you begin to think the obvious..., read this --
http://migraine.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/patterns. A
friend sent it, and this plus looking up "scintillating scotomas"
among other visual effects I experience, likely from the same
cause, may finally account for several problems I've had in the
last 7 years (the cause can affect speech, muscle control,
perspective/size perception, and hearing - but mostly for short
periods). Some interesting things that have resulted are the
bodies of art, architecture, crafts (Persian rugs, mosaics, dish
and bowl patterns), and even literature (many images in "Alice
in Wonderland" are thought to be based on visual effects
experienced by Lewis Carroll, for example - and then there is
that famous disembodied Cheshire cat's smile, which may have
been a silver scintillating scotoma [they come in silver, gold,
black, and "clear-but-soft"]) that appear to be derived from
these images. It is difficult to connect all this with photography,
but it is a form of imagery (albeit hard to "fix" photographically
for others to see... which is often made up of "noise" or
"grain", is mostly in color, and is often memorable...
--DR

give it a rest already - it's not even that interesting

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:42:34 -0400, "David Ruether" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"David Ruether" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:h85tpb$j7h$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Sorry, if this gets posted - but I have been trying to post here
>> for a couple of days unsuccessfully even though I have been able
>> to post to other NGs.
>> --DR

>[OK, so that one did post, but the below again didn't - so I will try
>"attaching" it to this post...]

We've been inundated with this post like 7 or 8 times now under various
headers, having to re-filter them every time. When will you stop to realize
that you are filtering your own posts? You could have gone to Google Groups
to find out if the first one was posted and if there's something wrong ON
YOUR END.

I suspect your migraines have done irreparable damage.

David Ruether

"give it a rest already - it's not even that interesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:42:34 -0400, "David Ruether" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>"David Ruether" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:h85tpb$j7h$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Sorry, if this gets posted - but I have been trying to post here
>>> for a couple of days unsuccessfully even though I have been able
>>> to post to other NGs.
>>> --DR

>>[OK, so that one did post, but the below again didn't - so I will try
>>"attaching" it to this post...]

> We've been inundated with this post like 7 or 8 times now under various
> headers, having to re-filter them every time. When will you stop to realize
> that you are filtering your own posts? You could have gone to Google Groups
> to find out if the first one was posted and if there's something wrong ON
> YOUR END.
>
> I suspect your migraines have done irreparable damage.

Sorry about the repeats - I never saw any but the last, and
I *DID* check my filtering of both sources and phrases to
make sure that these were not accidentally causing the problem,
but they weren't. I'm still mystified by the cause (and it was only
by sending a .doc copy that I finally saw my post here). Any
ideas?
--DR

David Ruether

"give it a rest already - it's not even that interesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

And, I guess you are not very interested in indications of
how the brain interprets images, and that it can make its own,
notably with regular patterning (an unexpected observation).
Fortunately some very able neurologists and others are
interested in this subject area, as are many others who wish
to explore and better understand the underlying bases of
vision and other senses (let alone the effects and consequences,
of the causes of such unusual visions, etc.). There is much
here of GREAT interest, if looked at with an open and
inquiring mind...

Again, my apologies for the repeated posts - I do not understand
why they were not seen on my server, and why only a copy
of the post from a ".doc" formatted original finally did appear.
--DR

David Ruether

"Billy Boy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:55:12 -0400, "David Ruether" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>"give it a rest already - it's not even that interesting" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

[deleted]

>>And, I guess you are not very interested in indications of
>>how the brain interprets images, and that it can make its own,
>>notably with regular patterning (an unexpected observation).
>>Fortunately some very able neurologists and others are
>>interested in this subject area, as are many others who wish
>>to explore and better understand the underlying bases of
>>vision and other senses (let alone the effects and consequences,
>>of the causes of such unusual visions, etc.). There is much
>>here of GREAT interest, if looked at with an open and
>>inquiring mind...

> The following reply was already posted by someone to your first thread that
> you were filtering out, but you managed to destroy what might have been a
> mildly interesting discussion by posting your same post 8 times under
> various headers. Learn to drive before you take your car out onto the open
> road with other traffic and run into parked or other moving cars. This was
> a car-crash of your own making.

Ummm, then why did the "test" post succeed in appearing on
my server, and most others didn't? I did check my blocked phrase
and sender filters, and nothing was in either that would have blocked
my first post (and I tried changing the title, and formatting, and finally
the text body formatting before it finally did appear - mysteriously...).
And, I've been posting since 1995 without ever encountering this
(or any other) problem before. But, thanks for the below:

>>Considering that the vast majority of regular posters to this and other
>>photography newsgroups only have imaginary cameras, imaginary experience,
>>and pretend to own these imaginary cameras that they've only seen in
>>reviews online (then downloaded the manuals for them which they studied for
>>many days and nights, absorbing all that was written) ... I don't see how
>>your "vision" of photography is any different than theirs. It's just as
>>hallucinatory, just as beyond the control of their psychotic minds. The
>>only difference is that they don't realize how blindingly apparent they are
>>when they try to role-play to be photographers in this newsgroup.
>>Constantly screwing up on some of the most basic and minute of facts that
>>anyone who has ever held a real camera would know right off. Whereas your
>>post is up-front about delusional imagery.

I'm not sure how to take "delusional imagery"... I'm always fully aware
that the images are from "within". They are also mostly very short in duration
(except for the scotomas, which last 10-20 minutes) and are generally
associated with migraines and migraine auras (with or without the associated
headache). Nothing "fancy" here...

>>Aside all that, you can also add some cave-paintings to images made from
>>these internal neurological sources. Small deep caves were not easily
>>illuminated for the lengths of time that the artist must be there painting
>>his imagery and yet still allow the artist to breathe and see through the
>>smoke if there was a fire. It is now agreed upon by some scholars that many
>>of the fanciful animals and other spiritual images and designs in many
>>cave-paintings came from their oxygen-deprived "visions" alone. Painted in
>>dimly lit recesses of caves, mentally projected onto the surface by what
>>they were "seeing" in the dark.

Yes, this is a plausible explanation for many of the forms that appear,
but there can be others. And migraines, with or without headaches, appear
to originate in localized brain blood-circulation restrictions. As for me, I
have had severe heart arrhythmias (but not for years...) and I have severe
sleep apnea (which has been treated for many years). Thanks for
"transporting" the above post here - but it would be good to figure out
why I do not receive them...
--DR