Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The saga of the vacuum cleaner (continued)

The saga of the vacuum cleaner (continued)

philo

The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a new
and expensive vacuum cleaner.

All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should clean it.

Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of wood
chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.

Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the house
and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year old one...
I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...

so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some more
money.

I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank me >G<

NotMe

"philo"
:
: Damn, I think that things were best when I was 19 years old
: and everything I owned I could carry in a small suitcase

If you live long enough likely problems with health care (see current dust
up) will have you in that state again. (Trust me it's not nearly as much
fun)

Buffalo

philo wrote:
> Rgr wrote:
>> philo wrote:
>>> The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a
>>> new and expensive vacuum cleaner.
>>>
>>> All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should
>>> clean it.
>>>
>>> Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of
>>> wood chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
>>>
>>> Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the
>>> house and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year
>>> old one...
>>> I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...
>>>
>>> so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some
>>> more money.
>>>
>>> I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank
>>> me

>> I'll drop by later today with my Rainbow sales kit.
>>

> Don't know what that is and I bet I don't need it.
>

> Damn, I think that things were best when I was 19 years old
> and everything I owned I could carry in a small suitcase

Ain't that a fact!
Buffalo

chuckcar

philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:h83bqb$dr0$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a new
> and expensive vacuum cleaner.
>
> All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should clean it.
>
> Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of wood
> chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
>
> Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the house
> and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year old
> one... I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...

You *did* replace the bag with a brand new one right? Just emptying the
bag doesn't allow airflow to go through the bag as it's still clogged with
dust.

Never buy a vaccuum cleaner from a door to door salesman. Buy a Dyson.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

joevan

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 12:24:22 -0500, philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rgr wrote:
>> philo wrote:

>>> Don't know what that is and I bet I don't need it.

>> What better testimonial could you ask for?
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q31JBaOZGb4

How bout this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveYY...eature=related

Buffalo

philo wrote:
> The Real Truth MVP wrote:
>> Is it a Kirby?
>>

> Yep
>
> and I'd never consider buying one other than the fact that it's my own
> brother...
>
> but he's still going to have to be one hell of a salesman to get me to
> buy one

A lightweight vacuum that is rated excellent in carpet,bare
floors,emissions, and pet hair is the Hoover WindTunnel Anniversary Edition
Bagged U5491-900 for $140.00US

The Kirby Sentria is rated excellent in carpet,bare floors,emissions and
only very good with pet hair for $1350.00 US.

Course, that doesn't take into effect the quality of the equipment, but you
could buy around 10 Hoovers for the price on the one Kirby.

Buffalo

PS: The Hoover weighs 18 lbs and the Kirby weighs 25 lbs.

Buffalo

philo wrote:
> The other day I posted about how my brother was trying to sell me a
> new and expensive vacuum cleaner.
>
> All this talk made me look at the house and I decided I should clean
> it.
>
> Had a tree cut down recently and the whole downstairs is full of wood
> chips and sawdust that's been tracked in.
>
> Well I'll be damned if we don't have three vacuum cleaners in the
> house and none of them work . Two are totally useless and my 60 year
> old one... I finally have to admit...just barely picks up anything...

Many times the belt will become brittle and break in old vacuums and then it
doesn't pick up a lot.
Same if an inner filter is clogged or the cloth bag, containing the paper
bag, is clogged or the wind tunnel after the brush is clogged from old wet
crap or pieces of paper,etc.

> so looks like now I am definitely sunk and will have to spend some
> more money.
>
> I'm sure it will stimulate the economy and everyone will soon thank
> me >G<

Buffalo

philo

Rgr wrote:
> joevan wrote:

>> How bout this one?
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveYY...eature=related

> My mom bought a Rainbow from a door-to-door salesman who showed her all
> the dirty crud it captured into the water. It was expensive and she took
> a bit of ribbing about it. But she was pulling it through the dining
> room on it's casters when it tripped over it's own power cord. Poured
> about a gallon or so of brownish-black water onto the carpet. I can't
> remember ever seeing that vac again and I was afraid to ask her about it.

thanks guys

it's settled

I won't buy a rainbow

unless my little bro who can whomp my ass decides to start selling them <G>

The Chief Instigator

philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Buffalo wrote:
>> philo wrote:
>>>>

>>> Yep
>>>
>>> and I'd never consider buying one other than the fact that it's my own
>>> brother...
>>>
>>> but he's still going to have to be one hell of a salesman to get me to
>>> buy one

>> A lightweight vacuum that is rated excellent in carpet,bare
>> floors,emissions, and pet hair is the Hoover WindTunnel Anniversary
>> Edition Bagged U5491-900 for $140.00US
>>
>> The Kirby Sentria is rated excellent in carpet,bare
>> floors,emissions and only very good with pet hair for $1350.00 US.
>>
>> Course, that doesn't take into effect the quality of the equipment,
>> but you could buy around 10 Hoovers for the price on the one Kirby.
>>
>> Buffalo
>>
>> PS: The Hoover weighs 18 lbs and the Kirby weighs 25 lbs.

> This is making me giddy

> when I was in college we didn't have a vacuum cleaner at all

> if were expecting some women over we'd crawl around on our hands and
> knees and pick up the worst of it with our hands

> prolly dint matter...
> i think all we needed to do was buy beer and stuff

Lucky you...my five years, I lived at home, 24 kilometers west of the
campus, in a city with a million and change neighbors. (At least it
got easier for a while in the second year, when the US 59-to-I-45 link
opened.)

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ((E-Mail Removed)) Houston, Texas
www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

Mara

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:57:07 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>joevan wrote:

>> How bout this one?
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RveYY...eature=related

>My mom bought a Rainbow from a door-to-door salesman who showed her all
>the dirty crud it captured into the water. It was expensive and she took
>a bit of ribbing about it. But she was pulling it through the dining
>room on it's casters when it tripped over it's own power cord. Poured
>about a gallon or so of brownish-black water onto the carpet. I can't
>remember ever seeing that vac again and I was afraid to ask her about it.

I first parsed the subject as "The savage vacuum cleaner." It appears I was
right.

--
* Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
* AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts

Vacuum cleaner OS Gib Bogle NZ Computing 23 03-03-2013 06:55 PM
vacuum martin Computer Support 5 08-28-2005 03:14 AM
Mini Vacuum SJ Computer Support 4 02-03-2005 06:07 AM
pc cleaning, vacuum or what! gary Computer Support 20 12-17-2004 07:37 PM
Anyone got a Dyson vacuum cleaner? ]v[etaphoid Computer Support 7 11-27-2003 03:27 PM

Advertisments