Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > workgroup computer not accessible

workgroup computer not accessible

=?Utf-8?B?Y21vcmE=?=

Hello everyone, I have a Dell Pc with windows Home sp2 connected to a Belkin
router, a Hp desktop with winMe and a wireless netgear card, and a hp laptop
with win XP home SP2 wireless connected to the home network. they all ping
each other, they all print, share files is fine, they all have internet,
everything sound fine BUT when I go to my network places from the client
computers and click in 'view workgroup computers' and try to access the Dell
main computer it gives me the message "\\Dell is not accessible.You might not
have permissions to use this network resources. Contact the Administrator of
this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.
The two wireless clients can access each other, Dell can access the
wireless, but the clients cannot access the Dell. It is just the DEll icon in
the Mshome window than denied the access. I even CAN access the Dell computer
thru the run command from the clients. How can I fix this?

Andrew C

Hi,

I also have the same problem with two of my computers on my network. they
can all see eachother but they cant access eachother and i also get the same
message. I am also wondering how to fix this.
"cmora" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everyone, I have a Dell Pc with windows Home sp2 connected to a
> Belkin
> router, a Hp desktop with winMe and a wireless netgear card, and a hp
> laptop
> with win XP home SP2 wireless connected to the home network. they all ping
> each other, they all print, share files is fine, they all have internet,
> everything sound fine BUT when I go to my network places from the client
> computers and click in 'view workgroup computers' and try to access the
> Dell
> main computer it gives me the message "\\Dell is not accessible.You might
> not
> have permissions to use this network resources. Contact the Administrator
> of
> this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.
> The two wireless clients can access each other, Dell can access the
> wireless, but the clients cannot access the Dell. It is just the DEll icon
> in
> the Mshome window than denied the access. I even CAN access the Dell
> computer
> thru the run command from the clients. How can I fix this?

Clark

OK, I don't know but---

Have you tried searching for the computer from the search results window?

Do you have something shared on the DELL?

Does the DELL or the clients, or the router have a firewall that might be
blocking it?

If you can ping it, does pinging work with the IP address and the name?

This is only one of many sites about problems:

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/...ip-details.htm

Clark