Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > xlutils 1.4.1 released!

xlutils 1.4.1 released!

Chris Withers

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce a new release of xlutils. This package is a
small collection of utilities that make use of both xlrd and xlwt to
process Microsoft Excel files.

This release includes memory and speed enhancements for xlutils.filter
and xlutils.copy.

To find out more, please read here:

http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/xlutils

In case you're not aware, xlrd and xlwt are two excellent pure-python
libraries for reading and writing Excel files. They run on any platform
and, likely, any implementation of Python without the need for horrific
things like binding to Excel via COM and so needing a Windows machine.

If you use any of xlrd, xlwt or xlutils, the following google group will
be of use:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/python-excel

Hope some of this is of interest, I'd love to hear from anyone who ends
up using it!

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk