Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > WAAAY OT! Like piano?

WAAAY OT! Like piano?

XS11E

Just got this from a friend:
http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-...is-fats-domino

Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans

Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
seat.

This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
forget!?

Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

The Usenet Improvement Project:

joevan

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:58:45 -0700, XS11E <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Just got this from a friend:
>http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-...is-fats-domino
>
>Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans
>
>Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
>Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
>pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
>sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
>seat.
>
>This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
>forget!?
>
>Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
>others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
>directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

Incredible.

OldGringo38

Two Cents To The XS11E Post:
> Just got this from a friend:
> http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-...is-fats-domino
>
> Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans
>
> Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
> Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
> pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
> sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
> seat.
>
> This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
> forget!?
>
> Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
> others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
> directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

O M G Thank You for the link. Spectacular!!! Ella's there also. <g>

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

chuckcar

XS11E <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Just got this from a friend:
> http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-...is-fats-domino
>
> Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans
>
> Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
> Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
> pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
> sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
> seat.
>
> This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
> forget!?
>
> Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
> others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
> directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

Was that the tribute to Ronny Hawkins? That's him in the background as
Shaeffer walks away. It was on TV up here a short time ago

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Clot

XS11E wrote:
> Just got this from a friend:
> http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-...is-fats-domino
>
> Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans
>
> Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
> Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
> pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
> sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
> seat.
>
> This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
> forget!?
>
> Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
> others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
> directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

That was fun. Thank you. Takes me back to when I visited NOLA in '92, I
think. Cracking good time visiting the bars on Bourbon Street before they
became what they are today.

Best recollection was visiting an out of town location - a converted pair of
shops to listen to Zydeco. There were folk there from way out of the State
to listen to the music. Sheer fun.

Was worried on the way out from an Italian Restaurant though. Armed doormen
that would not let us out until the cab arrived!

Overall, a wonderful experience that I cherish.

XS11E

"Clot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> XS11E wrote:
>> Just got this from a friend:
>> http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-...e-lewis-fats-d
>> omino

> That was fun. Thank you.

You're welcome!

> Takes me back to when I visited NOLA in '92, I think. Cracking
> good time visiting the bars on Bourbon Street before they became
> what they are today.

My first visit there was around that same time, we spent one evening
listening to Pete Fountain, that was an unforgettable experience! We
had only one evening there (other than the evening of our arrival) and
I had to chose between hearing Fountain or Al Hirt, both were appearing
that evening at different places. It was not an easy choice but I
don't regret my decision.

> Was worried on the way out from an Italian Restaurant though.
> Armed doormen that would not let us out until the cab arrived!

We were travelling by motorcycle* and stayed at the NO KOA which is
actually in River Ridge. I'd never been to a KOA with armed guards
before! Since we arrived late, he was the one who checked us in, he
talked EXACTLY like Justin Wilson! (Ah guar-on-tee!)

> Overall, a wonderful experience that I cherish.

Ditto.

*It wasn't our longest one day ride, it just seemed like it, we rode
from a rally at Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to NO, about 600 miles in
pouring rain on an Interstate jammed with 18 wheelers throwing up muddy
spray that made the windshield and face shields of our helmets almost
opaque! I've never been so completely worn out from a ride before, I
still look back at it as one of our more unpleasant rides. Because of
the road conditions we arrived in NO Friday at rush hour! What a
mess...

The Usenet Improvement Project: