Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IE WebControls Tab/MultiPage state problem

IE WebControls Tab/MultiPage state problem

Dan

IE WebControls Tab/MultiPage state problem

I have a IE tab/multipage on a WebForm (aspx) like this:

<code>

<iewc:TabStrip id="tabs" runat="server" TargetID="MultiPage1">

<iewc:Tab Text="Tab1" ID="tp Tab1"></iewc:Tab>

</iewc:TabStrip>

<iewc:MultiPage id="MultiPage1" runat="server">

<iewcageView>

<MyControlPrefix:MyControl runat="server"
id="MyControl1" />

</iewcageView>

</iewc:MultiPage>

</code>

The webcontrol MyControl (ascx) has a <asp:textbox runat=server.>. The
problem is that the Webform knows the record to display in the textbox (by
QueryString variable retrieved as Request.Params["RecordPrimaryKey"]).

My problem is that I cannot see any way for the usercontrol to determine
this value. Do you know?

Here's what doesn't work:

a) Having the Page_Load event directly access the usercontrol. This
doesn't work because the IE Multipage 'feature' that doesn't allow early
bound access to the control (I really hate that). Note that the
..FindControl is not an option for reasons I won't get into.

b) assigning the primary key to context, like
HttpContext.Current.Items["RecordPrimaryKey"]=_PrimaryKey; this almost
works, except that on a Postback, the usercontrol has no value in that
context.

So I'm stuck. What are you guys (gals) doing to work around this problem.

Marshal Antony

Dan,
Please make sure the AutoPostBack property is set to true for the
ie web control.
That may help.
Thanks,
Marshal Antony