Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Status bar on browser page

Status bar on browser page

james @uvvm.uuic.ca

For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

Mad as a Box of Frogs

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
<james @uvvm.uuic.ca> wrote:
>For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
>pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

My 2 cents. Try Firefox - IE anything is floppy.

(although Chrome is faster)

--
Master of Puppets - Burkina Faso Hellraisers - www.thescambaiter.com
DENSA Life Achievement Am I the only one with half a brain?

Mara

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 01:13:26 -0400, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>james @uvvm.uuic.ca wrote:
>> For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
>> pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

>For years I've not seen my ex-wife. All is well.

Funny how that works with exes. LOL

--
* Prowler wonders about this recurring lower back pain
* AB takes the rabid weasel out of Prowler's shorts

Stubbo of Oz

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 21:51:19 -0700, james @uvvm.uuic.ca wrote:

>For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
>pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

Go to "View" menu

If your menu bar is not showing then tap ALT

Then select Toolbars | Status Bar

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz

chuckcar

james @uvvm.uuic.ca wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> For a long time now I have't seen the status bar on the bottom of web
> pages that used to show the URLs. Presently I run IE 8.

What you mean like the address bar *always* displays it, or do you mean
the temporary display that happens on the border when you hover over a
link?

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

james @uvvm.uuic.ca