Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSA > 70-270 passed before 1 year, what should be next?

70-270 passed before 1 year, what should be next?

Max

I have passed 70-270 in Aug-2008 with 984/1000 score. Now I want to complete
MCSA on Server 2008, so in which sequence should i go? friends suggest..

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have passed 70-270 in Aug-2008 with 984/1000 score. Now I want to
>complete
> MCSA on Server 2008, so in which sequence should i go? friends suggest..

There is no MCSA on Server 2008, so your first step is probably to go to the
Microsoft Learning site and figure out which certification it really is
you're looking for.

However, because it's Saturday morning, and I'm in a good mood, and I'm
drinking my first cup of coffee (as opposed to waiting for it to brew), I'll
make an assumption and offer a suggestion.

My assumption is that the certification you're actually interested in is the
MCITP: Server Administration. Interestingly for you, this certification
doesn't require a desktop exam, so your 70-270 is meaningless.

What it does require is two MCTS Windows Server 2008 exams:

TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...0&locale=en-us

TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...2&locale=en-us

and the MCITP PRO Server Administration exam.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...6&locale=en-us

I would suggest starting with the 70-642, because without a solid
understanding of Network Infrastructure, trying to tackle Active Directory
will be a lost cause.

Incidentally, something of interest that will make use of your desktop exam
is the MCSA: Windows Server 2003. This cert will also require three
additional exams:

Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...0&locale=en-us

Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network
Infrastructure
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...1&locale=en-us

The bad news here is that the 70-291 has the reputation of being one of the
most difficult certfication exams in the entire MCP program -- but to be
honest, the 70-642 isn't any easier.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

amcreate

Here is an easier answer - please check out this link to upgrade your MCSA
to 2008

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...mcsa.aspx#tab4

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have passed 70-270 in Aug-2008 with 984/1000 score. Now I want to
>>complete
>> MCSA on Server 2008, so in which sequence should i go? friends suggest..

> There is no MCSA on Server 2008, so your first step is probably to go to
> the Microsoft Learning site and figure out which certification it really
> is you're looking for.
>
> However, because it's Saturday morning, and I'm in a good mood, and I'm
> drinking my first cup of coffee (as opposed to waiting for it to brew),
> I'll make an assumption and offer a suggestion.
>
> My assumption is that the certification you're actually interested in is
> the MCITP: Server Administration. Interestingly for you, this
> certification doesn't require a desktop exam, so your 70-270 is
> meaningless.
>

> What it does require is two MCTS Windows Server 2008 exams:
>
> TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...0&locale=en-us
>
> TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...2&locale=en-us
>
> and the MCITP PRO Server Administration exam.
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...6&locale=en-us
>
> I would suggest starting with the 70-642, because without a solid
> understanding of Network Infrastructure, trying to tackle Active Directory
> will be a lost cause.
>
> Incidentally, something of interest that will make use of your desktop
> exam is the MCSA: Windows Server 2003. This cert will also require three
> additional exams:
>
> Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...0&locale=en-us
>
> Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Network
> Infrastructure
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...1&locale=en-us
>
> The bad news here is that the 70-291 has the reputation of being one of
> the most difficult certfication exams in the entire MCP program -- but to
> be honest, the 70-642 isn't any easier.
>
> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

Dustin Harper

Of course, if you want to get your MCSA on Server 2003, it'd be easier. Just
take the 290 and 291 and then an elective. That would give you the MCSA:
2003. Then you could always take the upgrade exam to earn the MCITP for
Windows Server 2008.

2008 would require you to start fresh on a new track of MCTS and MCITP
series.

Good luck!

MCSA 2003: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...tion/mcsa.aspx
MCITP 2008: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ion/mcitp.aspx

Dustin Harper
http://www.mstechpages.com

"Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have passed 70-270 in Aug-2008 with 984/1000 score. Now I want to
> complete
> MCSA on Server 2008, so in which sequence should i go? friends suggest..

> signature database 4431 (20090916) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4431 (20090916) __________

http://www.eset.com

mcp

Lawrence Garvin - you really are a pompous p***k
"Max" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have passed 70-270 in Aug-2008 with 984/1000 score. Now I want to
>complete
> MCSA on Server 2008, so in which sequence should i go? friends suggest..

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"mcp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Lawrence Garvin - you really are a pompous p***k

WOW!... Is this the same "Vic" who has this eloquent self-description posted
on the Home Page of http://www.life4living.co.uk?
Either way, the response was wholly unnecessary and inappropriate. Sheesh..
you weren't even a party to this conversation!

Based on the post headers, though, I'd guess that this is an impersonation
and you are a troll.

From: "mcp" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Subject: Re: 70-270 passed before 1 year, LAWRENCE GARVIN
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:42:01 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa

===================================
My Life4Living website aims to reach out to those of you who need quick,
powerful and effective ways to change your lives. To this end, you will find
information about my one2one sessions, personalised audio CD-ROMs, and
forthcoming workshops at which you will learn the techniques with which to
free yourself, your family and friends.

Our beliefs about ourselves and the world either help or hold us back.
Behind fear, depression, low self-esteem and other unwanted conditions lay
beliefs based on memories of negative events. As an EFT and NLP Practitioner
I have experienced time and again the supreme pleasure of witnessing the
liberating changes that take place in people once these techniques, artfully
used, dissolves those harmful beliefs

Using NLP in conjunction with EFT makes for a smoother transition to
freedom, with what is already an incredibly simple but powerful technique.

Browse my Web site for more information about Life4Living. If you would like
to contact me for any reason at all, please e-mail me at
(E-Mail Removed) or click on the ‘Contact’ button.

Vic Errington - Licensed EFT Practitioner - Licensed NLP Practitioner -
Counsellor (LOCN)
===================================

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

mcp

Wow, thanks for letting me know that website is still up. I meant to take it
down years ago.

I became a party to this conversation when I posted.

The fact remains, Larry, you need to confront your pomposity. Why do you
feel the need to condescend and patronise people who are asking for help.

That was a rhetorical question so please don't answer - it would probably
take too long to read.

Have a good life.

"Lawrence Garvin [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "mcp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Lawrence Garvin - you really are a pompous p***k

> WOW!... Is this the same "Vic" who has this eloquent self-description
> posted on the Home Page of http://www.life4living.co.uk?
> Either way, the response was wholly unnecessary and inappropriate.
> Sheesh.. you weren't even a party to this conversation!
>
> Based on the post headers, though, I'd guess that this is an impersonation
> and you are a troll.
>
> From: "mcp" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Subject: Re: 70-270 passed before 1 year, LAWRENCE GARVIN
> Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:42:01 +0100
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa
>

> ===================================
> My Life4Living website aims to reach out to those of you who need quick,
> powerful and effective ways to change your lives. To this end, you will
> find information about my one2one sessions, personalised audio CD-ROMs,
> and forthcoming workshops at which you will learn the techniques with
> which to free yourself, your family and friends.
>
> Our beliefs about ourselves and the world either help or hold us back.
> Behind fear, depression, low self-esteem and other unwanted conditions lay
> beliefs based on memories of negative events. As an EFT and NLP
> Practitioner I have experienced time and again the supreme pleasure of
> witnessing the liberating changes that take place in people once these
> techniques, artfully used, dissolves those harmful beliefs
>
> Using NLP in conjunction with EFT makes for a smoother transition to
> freedom, with what is already an incredibly simple but powerful technique.
>
> Browse my Web site for more information about Life4Living. If you would
> like to contact me for any reason at all, please e-mail me at
> (E-Mail Removed) or click on the ‘Contact’ button.
>
> Vic Errington - Licensed EFT Practitioner - Licensed NLP Practitioner -
> Counsellor (LOCN)
>

> --
> Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA
>
> My Blog: http://onsitechsolutions.spaces.live.com
> Microsoft WSUS Website: http://www.microsoft.com/wsus

Chris Zeeto

M i s t e r Lawrence you going down with your own sheep, and every one around the world knows except the crew and you. The ignorance and your own stupidity is taking you down. Until now the empty laughed-out heads could flout but now its a change in fashion; scornful-loaded with ignorance and stupidity should sink as yours..isn't IT?
friend of better people.