Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64 bit Bluetooth Driver for Windows 7 -- Broadcom

64 bit Bluetooth Driver for Windows 7 -- Broadcom

Carlos

Hi,
I certainly had to shell out those 20 euros in order to get it.
The good news is that this software unlocks many features of the BT USB
adapter, usually not available from the Windows vanilla drivers.
Carlos

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:19:04 -0700, Carlos <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >Try the Bluesoleil (http://www.bluesoleil.com/) demo.
> >It has a wide range of drivers for bluetooth adapters.
> >Download page:
> >http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/i...ephone-headset
> >Carlos

> Thanks Carlos,
>
> That one works! The only problem is I have to pay for it to get full
> functionality.

G Holmes

The 64 bit drivers on the Broadcom website worked with Win 7 RC1 but will not
install on the same PC now running RTM. I assume this is a driver version
check with the install program which I guess will be resolved before
commercial release.

"G. Morgan" wrote:

> Has anyone got a driver for this Bluetooth radio to work with Windows 7 RTM??
>
> Device ID USB\VID_03F0PID_171D\52E3434AA01
>
> Class Bluetooth
>
> Manufacturer Broadcom
> Hardware IDs USB\VID_03F0PID_171DREV_0100
> USB\VID_03F0PID_171D

Bobby Johnson

When you installed the driver did you use the Vista SP2 compatibility
mode? Windows 7 RTM has some underlying changes that rendered some
programs incompatible and the manufacturers/vendors will have to make
some minor changes as a result. Win 7 RTM is what will be released to
the public.

G Holmes wrote:
> The 64 bit drivers on the Broadcom website worked with Win 7 RC1 but will not
> install on the same PC now running RTM. I assume this is a driver version
> check with the install program which I guess will be resolved before
> commercial release.
>
> "G. Morgan" wrote:
>
>> Has anyone got a driver for this Bluetooth radio to work with Windows 7 RTM??
>>
>> Device ID USB\VID_03F0PID_171D\52E3434AA01
>>
>> Class Bluetooth
>>
>> Manufacturer Broadcom
>> Hardware IDs USB\VID_03F0PID_171DREV_0100
>> USB\VID_03F0PID_171D

Rajiv Singh Suwal

Here's what you need to do for both 32 bit and 64 bit systems:

- Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1
) which you can download it from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...-download.mspx
,this works for both Vista and Windows 7. I've tried it on both.

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on
Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configures the settings on the
bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things
you should do:

- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on
Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device
Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device'

- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you
find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Click "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and
then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company
Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose
'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft.

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name
"Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions.
Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last.
If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device
driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in
'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display
one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'.

There are few more things that you want to pay attention to. If you
have already added the device in your 'bluetooth device list' that
didn't work, then remove the device and add it again. After you add it,
you might need to restart the computer if it gave you a connection
problem error message.

Every PCs that had Windows 7 and Vista worked after installing this
software and I hope it will work for you too.

Rajiv Singh Suwal
Computer Engineer / Senior Software Architect

--
Rajiv Singh Suwal
Rajiv Singh Suwal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/151094.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

jdfloresd

For Lenovo Thinkpads:

Use the Bluetooth Enhanced Data Rate Software II for Vista, that woked
for me, sometime have some problems with the sound with my headset, but
a turn off, and turn on of the bluetooth (physical), solves it, most of
the time at least, sometimes I have to restart though.

Go here:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...cid=MIGR-70042

From what I understand, the software from broadcom page is an update,
not intended as first-time installer.