Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Tracking cookie question

Tracking cookie question

Lethal

Please ,can anyone help me on this subject, every time that I open "live
messenger" I get a Residential shield alert as follows: found tracking
cookie. Atdm also found a tracking cookie doubleclic, it is telling me that
they are potential danger. I have tried to the "remove infections"but it
will not remove, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Please ,can anyone help me on this subject, every time that I open "live
>messenger" I get a Residential shield alert as follows: found tracking
>cookie. Atdm also found a tracking cookie doubleclic, it is telling me that
>they are potential danger. I have tried to the "remove infections"but it
>will not remove, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
>Thank you

yesterday I ran spybot, it's the first time I had more that one
problem (that being my autoupdates were disabled) which is how I want
it.

Spybot must of changed, I had a large list of tracking cookies, I took
the time to add each tracking cookie website to my HOSTS file.

But run spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html I wouldn't
be surprised if everybody in this group had it installed on their
windows computers.

And no a tracking cookie is only a potential danger in the fact that
they can follow where you have been (on websites or ads they monitor)
--

Even schools have their moments
http://nsharp.org/gallery/user-uploaded/65.jpg

Lethal

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Please ,can anyone help me on this subject, every time that I open "live
>>messenger" I get a Residential shield alert as follows: found tracking
>>cookie. Atdm also found a tracking cookie doubleclic, it is telling me
>>that
>>they are potential danger. I have tried to the "remove infections"but it
>>will not remove, any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
>>Thank you
>>

> yesterday I ran spybot, it's the first time I had more that one
> problem (that being my autoupdates were disabled) which is how I want
> it.
>
> Spybot must of changed, I had a large list of tracking cookies, I took
> the time to add each tracking cookie website to my HOSTS file.
>
> But run spybot http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html I wouldn't
> be surprised if everybody in this group had it installed on their
> windows computers.
>
> And no a tracking cookie is only a potential danger in the fact that
> they can follow where you have been (on websites or ads they monitor)
> --
>
> Even schools have their moments

Thank you Pennywise for your advice, I have downloaded "spybot"as you said
and it looks like it might have worked, the scan with the program shows no
more alerts, but how do I get rid of the trcking cookies in the "alert
shield" please?
Thank you very much

> http://nsharp.org/gallery/user-uploaded/65.jpg

chuckcar

"Lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Jldom.5795$(E-Mail Removed):

> Thank you Pennywise for your advice, I have downloaded "spybot"as you
> said and it looks like it might have worked, the scan with the program
> shows no more alerts, but how do I get rid of the trcking cookies in the
> "alert shield" please?
> Thank you very much

Just delete your temporary internet files and cookies in Internet
Explorer.

Tools->Internet options. Right in the middle of the pane. If you do all
three (offline files as well is three) and clear your history, you have
nothing stored from the internet and where you've been on the internet is
virtually impossible for any normal user to figure out - even using *your*
computer.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Lethal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thank you Pennywise for your advice, I have downloaded "spybot"as you said
>and it looks like it might have worked, the scan with the program shows no
>more alerts, but how do I get rid of the trcking cookies in the "alert
>shield" please?

Needed to google "Residential shield alert" first hit. Your running
AVG. From PCmag.com http://preview.tinyurl.com/metd6j

Don't know what "remove threat as Power User" is but I'd hit F1 (or
hit the help button) and read up on it. I don't run AVG.

This is your call, looking at the picture (video doesn't work for me)
showing an alert for C:\program files\antispystorm\uninstall.exe
I'd ignore it, then research, or copy it to this site
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en

If you were going to uninstall a program and that came up (the
pcmag.com pix), there is no hurry, AVG will wait for a click for
hours, you can still check the file out while AVG is on hold.

If you have any concerns of what the alert is about hit move to vault
- but me I'd want to know if there was really a problem with a file
before deleting it or placing in the vault (most programs encrypt
those files and you can't work with them anymore).

I'd also guess you haven't configured your OS to view all files, you
really should do this so you have access to any file you have
questions about.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...l62.html#winxp

But do use the help file, and read up on AVG