Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error: Validation of viewstate MAC failed

Error: Validation of viewstate MAC failed

G Zhao

Error:
[Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web
Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey
and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]

I got this error intermittently and an 'iisreset' command can solve it
temporarily.
Can anybody help me ?
I'm using IIS6 & Win2003.

Alexey Smirnov

On Sep 3, 9:18*am, "G Zhao" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Error:
> [Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web
> Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey
> and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]
>
> I got this error intermittently and an 'iisreset' command can solve it
> temporarily.
> Can anybody help me ?
> I'm using IIS6 & Win2003.

Try this
http://weblogs.asp.net/albertpascual...ror-issue.aspx

G Zhao

This problem happened intermittently. And all clients got this error at the
same time. An 'iisreset' command can solve it.

So, I think your link can not fundamentally solve the problem.

But , Thank you for reply.

"Alexey Smirnov" <(E-Mail Removed)> ????
news:(E-Mail Removed)...