Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Need help with a cipher assignment....

Need help with a cipher assignment....

09-02-2009
I am having to write a cipher for one of my classes and I am really not that good with writing java. If anyone could help me get started with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

I am needing to read in a text file and put it in to some kind of string I assume, so that after it is all read in I can alter it. I know after I get it read in and whatnot that I am going to have to remove all spaces and punctuation and make it all lower case.

I just don't really remember how to read in the file and get it into something that I can then go through character by character to check the other things....it's been years since I've had to write anything TIA!!