Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCTS > For someone who passed 70-620 Exam

For someone who passed 70-620 Exam

Jacopo Nanni

Hello everybody
I've just downloaded some test material from the internet, in order to
prepare to undergo the exam,
but I encountered a lot of question as reguard:
-How to deploy OS by using SMS 2003 with Windows Deployment Service
-How to deploy OS by using Sysprep and Windows PE cd-rom
-Questions about the use of SIM (system image manager) and WAIK (Windows
automated installation kit)
-Questions about which version of the User State Migration Tool to use (if
v2.6 or v3) and the Migapp.xml and
Miguser.xml files

and so on...

I actually feel very upset because nothing of these arguments are discussed
in the Self-Paced Training KIT for the
70-620 Exam...Please someone who passed the exam could tell me if these
arguments are required to be known
in order to pass the exam?!
Thank you very much, hope to recive an answer soon

Andrew B

I'm studying for the 70-620 also, I've been reading the self paced book for
4 weeks now and have almost finished.

Everything I've read says that the 70-620 does not test Vista in a domain
environment.

It is likely that you have the materials for the 70-622 exam as that is the
2nd needed for the MCITS: Enterprise support technician.

"Jacopo Nanni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello everybody
> I've just downloaded some test material from the internet, in order to
> prepare to undergo the exam,
> but I encountered a lot of question as reguard:
> -How to deploy OS by using SMS 2003 with Windows Deployment Service
> -How to deploy OS by using Sysprep and Windows PE cd-rom
> -Questions about the use of SIM (system image manager) and WAIK (Windows
> automated installation kit)
> -Questions about which version of the User State Migration Tool to use (if
> v2.6 or v3) and the Migapp.xml and
> Miguser.xml files
>
> and so on...
>
> I actually feel very upset because nothing of these arguments are
> discussed in the Self-Paced Training KIT for the
> 70-620 Exam...Please someone who passed the exam could tell me if these
> arguments are required to be known
> in order to pass the exam?!
> Thank you very much, hope to recive an answer soon

Lawrence Garvin [MVP]

"Andrew B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm studying for the 70-620 also, I've been reading the self paced book
> for 4 weeks now and have almost finished.
>
> Everything I've read says that the 70-620 does not test Vista in a domain
> environment.

This is correct, and easily determinable by reading the Exam Objectives that
are posted for the exam.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ale=en-us#tab2

Nothing in that list uses the words "logon", "domain", "server", or "Active
Directory".

> It is likely that you have the materials for the 70-622 exam as that is
> the 2nd needed for the MCITS: Enterprise support technician.

I would concur.

From the 70-222 Exam Objectives
at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...ale=en-us#tab2
looking at the very first objective listed:

Deploying Windows Vista
..Analyze the business environment and select an appropriate deployment
method.
..Prepare a system for clean installation or upgrade.
..Deploy Windows Vista from a custom image.
..Perform post-installation tasks.
..Troubleshoot deployment issues.

--
Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

Old Rookie

I passed the exam about a month ago and NONE of those topics were covered on
the 70-620. I used only the Microsoft Press book as my study guide but I
have also had a lot of hands on with Vista and it was my last exam for my
MCITP:EA. I felt that the Microsoft 70-620 Study Guide was a very good
representation of what was covered on the exam.

Steve