Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Daemon process

Daemon process

Shan

I have XML RPC Server listening on a port. This XML RPC Server works
fine when i run it as foreground process. All the clients are able to
connect with the XML RPC Server. But when i run it as daemon(not using
&. I am doing it in python way only), then no clients are able to
connect with the Server. I didnt got any clue where i may be wrong.
Can any help me with this? I am using python 2.4 on Redhat 5.2 64
X86_64

Thanks,
Shan

Gabriel Genellina

En Wed, 02 Sep 2009 00:57:02 -0300, Shan <(E-Mail Removed)>
escribió:

> I have XML RPC Server listening on a port. This XML RPC Server works
> fine when i run it as foreground process. All the clients are able to
> connect with the XML RPC Server. But when i run it as daemon(not using
> &. I am doing it in python way only), then no clients are able to
> connect with the Server. I didnt got any clue where i may be wrong.
> Can any help me with this? I am using python 2.4 on Redhat 5.2 64
> X86_64

In what whay "no clients are able to connect with the Server"? What
error(s) do the clients report?
Can you see the process running (ps)? Can you see the port open (netstat)?
Can you connect to the server using telnet, from the same host?

--
Gabriel Genellina

Hendrik van Rooyen

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 05:57:02 Shan wrote:
> I have XML RPC Server listening on a port. This XML RPC Server works
> fine when i run it as foreground process. All the clients are able to
> connect with the XML RPC Server. But when i run it as daemon(not using
> &. I am doing it in python way only), then no clients are able to
> connect with the Server. I didnt got any clue where i may be wrong.
> Can any help me with this? I am using python 2.4 on Redhat 5.2 64
> X86_64

What does: "(not using &. I am doing it in python way only)" mean?

How are you doing it?

- Hendrik