Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > microsoft .net framework assistant 1.0

microsoft .net framework assistant 1.0

zimpzampzormp

How do I uninstall microsoft .net framework assistant 1.0 from Firefox
3.5.2? How do I go back to Firefox 3.5.1? Microsoft keeps sending me an
update for it but it won't install. What the hell is this Microcrap
extension doing on Firefox anyway? How did it get there. I didn't apply it.

Thanks
Confused

zimpzampzormp

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> zimpzampzormp wrote:
>> How do I uninstall microsoft .net framework assistant 1.0 from Firefox
>> 3.5.2? How do I go back to Firefox 3.5.1? Microsoft keeps sending me
>> an update for it but it won't install. What the hell is this Microcrap
>> extension doing on Firefox anyway? How did it get there. I didn't
>> apply it.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Confused

> you downloaded it and installed it from windows update. Its MS thats
> causing the problem, and not FF. Anyways, for more info about it
> including getting rid of it, you can see more info here:
> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-600. BTW, there was an
> update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
> install it?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
"BTW, there was an
> update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
> install it?"

I've tried but it always fails to install.

zimpzampzormp wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> zimpzampzormp wrote:
>>> How do I uninstall microsoft .net framework assistant 1.0 from
>>> Firefox 3.5.2? How do I go back to Firefox 3.5.1? Microsoft keeps
>>> sending me an update for it but it won't install. What the hell is
>>> this Microcrap extension doing on Firefox anyway? How did it get
>>> there. I didn't apply it.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Confused

>> you downloaded it and installed it from windows update. Its MS thats
>> causing the problem, and not FF. Anyways, for more info about it
>> including getting rid of it, you can see more info here:
>> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-600. BTW, there was an
>> update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
>> install it?
>>

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> "BTW, there was an
> > update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
> > install it?"

> I've tried but it always fails to install.

then you should be asking microsoft about your install
problem.

help!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

zimpzampzormp

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> zimpzampzormp wrote:
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> you downloaded it and installed it from windows update. Its MS thats
>>> causing the problem, and not FF. Anyways, for more info about it
>>> including getting rid of it, you can see more info here:
>>> http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article08-600. BTW, there was an
>>> update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
>>> install it?
>>>

>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> "BTW, there was an
>> > update to the .net that would have fixed this problem. Did you not
>> > install it?"

>> I've tried but it always fails to install.

> then you should be asking microsoft about your install problem.

Good point. Thanks

Jim S

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 04:25:00 GMT, zimpzampzormp wrote:

> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> zimpzampzormp wrote:

>>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>>> "BTW, there was an
>>>
>>> I've tried but it always fails to install.

>> then you should be asking microsoft about your install problem.
>>

> Good point. Thanks

I have the same problem so tell us what they say )
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

zimpzampzormp

Jim S wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 04:25:00 GMT, zimpzampzormp wrote:
>
>> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>>> then you should be asking microsoft about your install problem.
>>>

>> Good point. Thanks

> I have the same problem so tell us what they say )

I open IE, paste :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b#Instructions
into the address bar. I don't really understand what they want me to do
so since I see no obvious anomalies from having the extension on my
Firefox as it is disabled, I may just try to live with it. Microsoft
seems to not be of any help although I received a popup last night
saying that there was an error with the update that they didn't ask me
to report but that I should report it now. I clicked on the report it
button. I'll see what happens.

nimd4 nimd4 is offline
Junior Member
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Maybe something like this can help.... kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_FAQs_:_Uninstall_Extensions