Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image

 
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2009
"securiy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The cameras are WIRED , and attach to DVR cards via BNC fitting , power
>is supplied on the same cable as the image cable via a power adaptor.
>Im guessing this interference is coming from this ? or not , any ideas ?


You need to follow code on with the wiring - what this means is that
cables need to run parallel to any power cable, and about 6" away
(unless the power cable is in EMT, then you can lay your wire over
it), otherwise parallel.

Another one I've run into is Fluorescent lighting, definitely don't
run a video cable across a Fluorescent fixture, fact is the farthest
you can keep the cable from a one the better.

Mine was running a cat 5 cable for phone and networking, it had to
pass near a Fluorescent fixture to run down the wall to the outlet, no
matter how we ran the cat 5 there was static on the line, we had to
leave it that way, and I'm sure they had network problems from that
line.
--

It's a little warm in Texas.
http://imgur.com/8KkwR.jpg
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2009
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>Another one I've run into is Fluorescent lighting, definitely don't
>>run a video cable across a Fluorescent fixture, fact is the farthest
>>you can keep the cable from a one the better.


>>Mine was running a cat 5 cable for phone and networking, it had to
>>pass near a Fluorescent fixture to run down the wall to the outlet, no
>>matter how we ran the cat 5 there was static on the line, we had to
>>leave it that way, and I'm sure they had network problems from that
>>line.


>So put the line in conduit. Shield and ground the conduit.


Christ, don't know where to start.

AT&T didn't have anyone in our area, so we did all their contracts.

First this was the project, not large enough to be called a coliseum
but close http://www.co.franklin.wa.us/trac/im...acOverhead.pdf we
wired the arena, atrium, and the Exhibition hall.

The code I quoted is required for all wiring, except phone lines
(oddly enough). You can run a phone line or network cable anyway you
want. Network cables might be different now.

I still tried to run parallel to any power cable (really any wire)
cause when your in an attic or the like you don't know what the wire
or cable is for anyhow. Code also says if you must cross another power
cable/line it has to be at 90. Mostly I'd just staple it up and out
of the way on the rafters for a house or small office. a large
building like this, I'd just find a spot that was easy to work at,
away from anything else, and out of the way as when your through you
would have a bundle of wires. it's better to wire for the best signal
you can get - It's professional and saves a lot of time tracing bad
lines.

The room that I was referring to was smaller than the rest and figured
it wouldn't be used as an office, this was at a time when laptops were
a rarity. I figured the problem or static on the line was caused by
induction, but who knows.

Also the wires had to run next to the fluorescent fixture, no matter
how you ran it, and we weren't set up to install EMT, as all the
piping had been installed by another contractor, and we'd of ticked
someone off by doing our own modifications.

This attic was a very small part of the project, most of the wiring
was through EMT embedded in the concrete of the floor, each outlet
maybe 10 feet apart. Set up for vendors or whatever function was being
held at the time, there would be a phone line and network ability.

I enjoyed installing phone and network systems. I just happen to like
running wire/cable, then sit all day pressing wires onto the terminal
blocks.

Ah, the old days when I could tell color codes without glasses...

I had a lot of time to kill (can you tell <grin>) it's late and I'm
not tired, think it was that 4 hour nap; but that's why we didn't run
it in a conduit, and the only cable that caused any problems (and
would/will/has caused problems) out of a hundred(s) or so runs.
Something only my partner and myself knew.


--

Did Google Street View spot rapist/kidnapper Garrido?
http://www.boingboing.net/2009/08/31...street-vi.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-01-2009
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>I enjoyed installing phone and network systems. I just happen to like
>running wire/cable, then sit all day pressing wires onto the terminal
>blocks.
>
>Ah, the old days when I could tell color codes without glasses...
>
>I had a lot of time to kill (can you tell <grin>) it's late and I'm
>not tired, think it was that 4 hour nap; but that's why we didn't run
>it in a conduit, and the only cable that caused any problems (and
>would/will/has caused problems) out of a hundred(s) or so runs.
>Something only my partner and myself knew.
>

Since you enjoy it...question: I have some cat 5 running from the box
to the wall jack for my dsl. Should I sheild the phone line that runs
from the wall jack to the modem/router and if so, how? Supposedly its
already a special type. But I like overkill.

TIA

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COaoYqkpkUA
cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
_____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
/ __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
_\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2009
hwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Since you enjoy it...question: I have some cat 5 running from the box
>to the wall jack for my dsl. Should I sheild the phone line that runs
>from the wall jack to the modem/router and if so, how? Supposedly its
>already a special type. But I like overkill.


Not really, we would set up a outlet with Cat5 on top and bottom of a
color coded ethernet female outlet (two RJ45's) a phone line will plug
right into them. This way you could network at any outlet, as well as
having telephone access for voice, modem, or a fax.

Never had a problem with the combo and a phone line will sent ~90
volts AC to the phone when it rings. The Cat 5 twisted pairs are
twisted to reduce interference.

Overkill would be to wrap the phone line(s) with aluminium foil
--

That cupcake looks amazing!
http://mydrunkpix.com/view/facebook-wall-of-shame/1339
 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2009
richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>But I also note you now state this project was some years ago during a
>time when computers in the office might not have been so common. So
>the shielded cable may not have existed except maybe as some exotic
>expensive animal.


No, I mentioned laptops, networking was common and half of our work,
and growing. What I ment was not many people had laptops to plug into
the network. A laptop would of made the room an office of sorts.

I've only been to the place once since it opened many years ago, and I
never bothered to see what that room was being used for.
--

That cupcake looks amazing!
http://mydrunkpix.com/view/facebook-wall-of-shame/1339
 
Reply With Quote
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2009
Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed) >:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Overkill would be to wrap the phone line(s) with aluminium foil

>
>And you might be able to pick up HBO on it too.
>

Our lines were so bad before we fixed them that we could pick up a
handset and hear a local radio station!


--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COaoYqkpkUA
cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
_____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
/ __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
_\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2009
hwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
>of<(E-Mail Removed) m>:


>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> Overkill would be to wrap the phone line(s) with aluminium foil


>>And you might be able to pick up HBO on it too.


>Our lines were so bad before we fixed them that we could pick up a
>handset and hear a local radio station!


Ahh ya, I knew a girl who lived next to a very tall broadcast antenna,
that a local rock and roll station used.

Her phone was fairly useless, you could talk but had to listen to the
station as well. I met her as I was running a BBS, she asked if there
was anyway she could get her modem to connect under those conditions.

Don't know how you did it (remove the signal) but she never did get
that modem to work properly.
--

Even schools have their moments
http://nsharp.org/gallery/user-uploaded/65.jpg
 
Reply With Quote
 
hwf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2009
(E-Mail Removed) pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed)>:

> hwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
>>of<(E-Mail Removed) om>:

>
>>>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>
>>>> Overkill would be to wrap the phone line(s) with aluminium foil

>
>>>And you might be able to pick up HBO on it too.

>
>>Our lines were so bad before we fixed them that we could pick up a
>>handset and hear a local radio station!

>
>Ahh ya, I knew a girl who lived next to a very tall broadcast antenna,
>that a local rock and roll station used.
>

Being bathed in high power RF daily isnt especially healthy, IMO.

>Her phone was fairly useless, you could talk but had to listen to the
>station as well. I met her as I was running a BBS, she asked if there
>was anyway she could get her modem to connect under those conditions.
>

Would have hadda gone with underground cables from a good distance I
imagine.

>Don't know how you did it (remove the signal) but she never did get
>that modem to work properly.


We had "extension cords" strung over doorways and all sorts of crazy
****. Once I took those out and put in some proper lines & filters it
quieted down. The short run of cat 5 from the box to the modem helped a
lot too.


--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COaoYqkpkUA
cageprisoners.com|www.snuhwolf.9f.com|www.eyeonpalin.org
_____ ____ ____ __ /\_/\ __ _ ______ _____
/ __/ |/ / / / / // // . . \\ \ |\ | / __ \ \ \ __\
_\ \/ / /_/ / _ / \ / \ \| \| \ \_\ \ \__\ _\
/___/_/|_/\____/_//_/ \_@_/ \__|\__|\____/\____\_\

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image thanatoid Computer Support 5 09-05-2009 02:25 PM
Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image XS11E Computer Support 9 09-03-2009 11:15 PM
Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image rd Computer Support 0 09-03-2009 03:14 AM
Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image Beauregard T. Shagnasty Computer Support 0 09-02-2009 02:20 AM
Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image rd Computer Support 0 09-01-2009 02:31 AM



Advertisments