Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image

Re: problems with cctv , srolling bands through image

rd

"securiy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Folks
>
> Would apprciate any indications you can offer or troubleshooting methods.
> Ebay purchase of vandal proof , dome type cameras with IR leds
>
> Picture is surprinsgly good with the exception of constant scrolling lines
> which sets off the motion sensor in softwares.
>
> I have tried changing DVR card position in PCI slots
>
> I have tried a totally different PCI card , both a cheap chinese
> ebay DVr card and a Swann branded 90 model from maplin ( Uk )
> both set up for PAL
>
> The cameras are WIRED , and attach to DVR cards via BNC fitting , power
> is supplied on the same cable as the image cable via a power adaptor.
> Im guessing this interference is coming from this ? or not , any ideas ?
>
> I have noticed that when you remove a camera , the interference reduces
> just slightly but enough to be noticable , I have 4 cameras and with only
> one attached the interference is about 50% of what is was but still
> annoying
> and still sets off the motion detection software
>
> I would appreciate any ideas to troubleshoot further or any ideas
> for magic bullet ? that resolves , I guess this must be a common
> issue ?
>
> --
> ------------------------------
> No links here , nup

Try a ground lifter on AC plug. Experiment with the ground lifter removing
ground from all camera power supplies. Is there a dedicated monitor? Try one
there.
A ground lifter is an adaptor with the ground plug cut off. Like in this
image...
http://www.tangible-technology.com/p...dADAPTER_w.jpg
....this is what a ground lifter looks like but it would be plugged into a 3
circuit grounded outlet. The purpose being to remove the ground. Sometimes
you are getting ground from too many sources and they are not equal.