Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Dual monitors XP64

Dual monitors XP64

Naz

We use two monitors with monitor #2 connected to a projector which shows on a
big screen (a church). Now when we open Internet Explorer (you have to start
on monitor#1) it opens on monitor #2. Then if you try to show a video
(example from YouTube), it automatically opens the full screen video on
monitor #1. But it has to be on monitor #2 to show on screen! Any help????
Thanks.

Jeff Gaines

On 31/08/2009 in message
<(E-Mail Removed)> Naz wrote:

>We use two monitors with monitor #2 connected to a projector which shows
>on a
>big screen (a church). Now when we open Internet Explorer (you have to
>start
>on monitor#1) it opens on monitor #2. Then if you try to show a video
>(example from YouTube), it automatically opens the full screen video on
>monitor #1. But it has to be on monitor #2 to show on screen! Any
>help????
>Thanks.

What happens if you swap your current primary monitor, i.e. make monitor 2
the primary?

If you are projecting on a church wall be careful what web sites you visit

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
By the time you can make ends meet they move the ends

John J. Jobst

Things usually start in the same spot they were last shut down. Move IE to
monitor #1, then shut it down. Start IE again, it should start on monitor
#1. Then start the video and move it to #2 and shut it down. Start the
video again and it should start on #2.

"Naz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We use two monitors with monitor #2 connected to a projector which shows
> on a
> big screen (a church). Now when we open Internet Explorer (you have to
> start
> on monitor#1) it opens on monitor #2. Then if you try to show a video
> (example from YouTube), it automatically opens the full screen video on
> monitor #1. But it has to be on monitor #2 to show on screen! Any
> help????
> Thanks.

Bobby Johnson

I agree with Stefan. I always have the monitor and the projector
displaying the same thing on one desktop.

Stefan Pendl wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 05:58:01 -0700, Naz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> We use two monitors with monitor #2 connected to a projector which shows on a
>> big screen (a church). Now when we open Internet Explorer (you have to start
>> on monitor#1) it opens on monitor #2. Then if you try to show a video
>> (example from YouTube), it automatically opens the full screen video on
>> monitor #1. But it has to be on monitor #2 to show on screen! Any help????
>> Thanks.

> Do not use dual-view, but clone instead.
> This will display the same on both monitors.
>
> ---
> Stefan Pendl
>
> Windows Vista SP2
> AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2 GHz
> 4 GB RAM

Dapxin

google "ultramon"

will solve your problems with absolute delight....if you are willing
to pay the few $$ for it.

On Aug 31, 5:11*pm, Bobby Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I agree with Stefan. *I always have the monitor and the projector
> displaying the same thing on one desktop.
>

> Stefan Pendl wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 05:58:01 -0700, Naz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> We use two monitors with monitor #2 connected to a projector which shows on a
> >> big screen (a church). *Now when we open Internet Explorer (you have to start
> >> on monitor#1) it opens on monitor #2. *Then if you try to show a video
> >> (example from YouTube), it automatically opens the full screen video on
> >> monitor #1. *But it has to be on monitor #2 to show on screen! *Any help???? *
> >> Thanks.

> > Do not use dual-view, but clone instead.
> > This will display the same on both monitors.

> > ---
> > Stefan Pendl

> > Windows Vista SP2
> > AMD Turion X2 RM-70 2 GHz
> > 4 GB RAM

wars

"Naz" wrote:

> We use two monitors with monitor #2 connected to a projector which shows on a
> big screen (a church). Now when we open Internet Explorer (you have to start
> on monitor#1) it opens on monitor #2. Then if you try to show a video
> (example from YouTube), it automatically opens the full screen video on
> monitor #1. But it has to be on monitor #2 to show on screen! Any help????
> Thanks.

You may find that once you have the 'U Tube' window open click on the
broader and hold as you drag the screen to the secound display, it is easier
then writing tables to do it for you. I use this method for my DVD play back.

Steve