Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > network wireless connectivity

network wireless connectivity

=?Utf-8?B?Ym9uZw==?=

The office is connected via wireless network. We are using belkin. My
question is how do I see all computers in the network, and share files to
them. We are using windows XP

Another question.I'm trying to do network connection by assigning IP
addresses. When I ping my own computer, it says request timed out,however
when I ping using 127.0.0.1, ping command is ok.

Please help

Arkady Frenkel

Do you have "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks" service
switched on in network properties dlg ? Just a hint.
Arkady

"bong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The office is connected via wireless network. We are using belkin. My
> question is how do I see all computers in the network, and share files to
> them. We are using windows XP
>
> Another question.I'm trying to do network connection by assigning IP
> addresses. When I ping my own computer, it says request timed out,however
> when I ping using 127.0.0.1, ping command is ok.
>
> Please help

Clark

Are you pinging the correct address? Check the details on the My Networks
page with your connection highlighted, or use the CMD window and use
ipconfig /all

Clark

"bong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The office is connected via wireless network. We are using belkin. My
> question is how do I see all computers in the network, and share files to
> them. We are using windows XP
>
> Another question.I'm trying to do network connection by assigning IP
> addresses. When I ping my own computer, it says request timed out,however
> when I ping using 127.0.0.1, ping command is ok.
>
> Please help

Arkady Frenkel

About ping problem : check route table with "route print" command in dos box
Arkady

"Arkady Frenkel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft Networks" service
> switched on in network properties dlg ? Just a hint.
> Arkady
>
> "bong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The office is connected via wireless network. We are using belkin. My
>> question is how do I see all computers in the network, and share files to
>> them. We are using windows XP
>>
>> Another question.I'm trying to do network connection by assigning IP
>> addresses. When I ping my own computer, it says request timed out,however
>> when I ping using 127.0.0.1, ping command is ok.
>>
>> Please help

Jack

Hi
Asuming that your Wireless is OK and you can log into the Office Network
then the problem is the office Network Sharing settings.
If it is your own office and you are da Man/Woman in charge configure
your Office computers' sharing.
May be this can Help:http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
Otherwsie speak to the IT people.
Jack (MVP-Networking).