Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vipre and win 7

Vipre and win 7

Drew

Thanks to all who monitor this group first of all: I have noticed one in
particular, Bobby Johnson runs Vipre and win 7. I currently dual boot vista
64 business and win 7 ultimate however I use vipre on vista business and
avast on win 7 as I did not realize that vipre was or is fully compatible.
Can anyone else verify this? I have a unlimited home license for vipre and
have been using there products for eons now. I would certainly prefer to run
it on win 7 if it runs well enough. Sunbelt has always had excellent
software and support (right here in the good ol USA!) for there products..
Thanks in advance for your help!

Carlos

Drew,
Go here:
http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Home-...e/VIPRE/?tab=2
Click on Requirements tab and you'll see that Windows 7 is supported.
Carlos

"Drew" wrote:

> Thanks to all who monitor this group first of all: I have noticed one in
> particular, Bobby Johnson runs Vipre and win 7. I currently dual boot vista
> 64 business and win 7 ultimate however I use vipre on vista business and
> avast on win 7 as I did not realize that vipre was or is fully compatible.
> Can anyone else verify this? I have a unlimited home license for vipre and
> have been using there products for eons now. I would certainly prefer to run
> it on win 7 if it runs well enough. Sunbelt has always had excellent
> software and support (right here in the good ol USA!) for there products..
> Thanks in advance for your help!

Bobby Johnson

If you install the current version available via download, version
3.1.2775, you will receive an error that the Active Protection cannot be
enabled in Win 7 RTM. However, there was a Hotfix made available August
12, 2009 that fixes that problem. It's can be downloaded @
http://www.sunbeltsecuritynews.com/6...2-VIPRE-Hotfix

I think the version number for this was 3.1.2825, but there was an
update afterwards that takes it to version 3.1.2828. I am currently
running Vipre on 3 Win 7 x64 systems.