Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Department of stupid cops

Department of stupid cops

richard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg

Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face.
"That ain't allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it
again I'll charge you with trespassing and take you off the
property.".

Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.

Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

Evan Platt

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:58:02 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Where exactly this happens is not clear.

You can't be that ****ing stupid..

"This video was taken on Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 at Rep. Jim
Moran's (D-VA) Town Hall meeting on Obama Deathcare (Howie Dean was
there too) held at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. "

Do you need the ****ing GPS coordinates?

Brian H¹©

richard wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg
>
> Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
> off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face.
> "That ain't allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it
> again I'll charge you with trespassing and take you off the
> property.".
>
> Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
> Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.
>
> Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
> have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

I retract my advice in another thread not to visit the UK, in fact I
actually dare you, I don't think you would make it through to the
arrivals lounge without getting yourself arrested for ****wittery.
I'll pay for the ticket if you want to give it a go.

ps
Your president would probably refuse application for repatriation.

Aardvark

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:58:02 -0700, richard wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg
>
> Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
> off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face. "That ain't
> allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it again I'll
> charge you with trespassing and take you off the property.".
>
> Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
> Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.
>
> Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
> have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

He was a school security guard, sto0pid. They're no more required to know
the letter of the law than you are. Apparently the picture on the placard
could have been considered 'inflammatory', which is apparently illegal on
school grounds in the US.

The sto0pid security guard made a bad choice of words at the end, but what
he said could be interpreted to mean 'You're not in America, where your
poster isn't considered 'inflammatory', you're on school grounds where it
is'.

Don't thank me, I'm glad to have helped clear it up for you.

Carry on.

Aardvark

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:30:59 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:58:02 -0700, richard wrote:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg
>>
>> Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
>> off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face. "That ain't
>> allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it again I'll
>> charge you with trespassing and take you off the property.".
>>
>> Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
>> Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.
>>
>> Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
>> have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

> He was a school security guard, sto0pid. They're no more required to
> know the letter of the law than you are. Apparently the picture on the
> placard could have been considered 'inflammatory', which is apparently
> illegal on school grounds in the US.
>
> The sto0pid security guard made a bad choice of words at the end, but
> what he said could be interpreted to mean 'You're not in America, where
> your poster isn't considered 'inflammatory', you're on school grounds
> where it is'.
>
> Don't thank me, I'm glad to have helped clear it up for you.
>
> Carry on.

BTW, it occurred at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. on Tuesday.

Read much?

Evan Platt

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:32:45 GMT, Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>BTW, it occurred at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. on Tuesday.
>
>Read much?

RtS doesn't know how to read.

NormanM

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 14:58:02 -0700, richard wrote:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKPKjl0-pg
>
> Where exactly this happens is not clear. But the guy is trying to show
> off a photo of Obama with a "Joker" style painted face.
> "That ain't allowed here because it has a photo on it. If you show it
> again I'll charge you with trespassing and take you off the
> property.".
>
> Another fine example of our nation's officers of the law hard at work.
> Another example of how our cops write their own laws as they see fit.

I can't tell, from the video, if this guy was a bona fide city cop, or a
"rent-a-Cop". But I can tell you, even a "rent-a-cop" can't write his own
laws. However he can enforce the client's restrictions for access to
property. I am speaking as a holder of a card issued by the State of
California Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Security and
Investigative Services"; commonly called a, "Guard Card".

As a store clerk I have evicted two people from the premises. As a Pinkerton
Security Officer, I kept a tow truck operator on hold pending word from my
client agent whether to allow him to tow a car on client property.

That officer was hired to monitor a potentially explosive affair, organize
by a political official on school property. The event organizer can set the
rules, and the officer can enforce those rules. Any member of the public
dis-respecting the event rules can have their right to access to that
property revoked; after which, his presence is, indeed, trespassing.

I also volunteer staff at an annual convention, which rents the McEnery
Convention Center, in San José, California. Although I am not one so
authorized, there are staffers with the authority to revoke a guest's
permission to attend the convention. One year, such a revocation was issued
against an attendee who attempted to shoplift merchandise at the Dealer's
Room. His guest card was recovered by appropriate staff, and he was escorted
off of the premises. He returned the next day, using a pass borrowed from a
friend, and returned to the Dealer's Room to attempt to continue his
predation. I witnessed the arrival of the police paddy wagon, and his person
being place in the ride to the gaol. No sympathy for thieves, here.

> Me? I'd tell the cop to go ahead and charge me any way he wants. He'll
> have his chance to explain it to the judge and jury.

Based on what I saw, in that video, you would lose. Sorry. But those are the
breaks.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Evan Platt

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:06:30 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I did the security guard scene for 8 years. As a private citizen I had
>no authority other than what the client gave. Still, there are limits,
>by law, as to what a private citizen can and can not do.

Oh geez, RtS the security guard? They must have been desperate.

>As this is on school grounds, this makes it a public event.

St00pid strikes again.

YuuShtrokHeet-AlWauch

<crossposts axed>

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:36:04 -0700, Aratzio wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 23:05:59 GMT, in the land of 24hoursupport.helpdesk,
> "The Idiot Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> got double secret probation for writing:

<axed>
>>No. We're talking about Bullis so it has to be transmogrific.

> The US Government research concluded that the densest material known to
> man was discovered in Richard Bullis today. Scientists report that new
> denser materials capable of protecting the troops against IED will be
> soon forthcoming. The material is exceedingly lightweight without
> sacrificing the protection of heavyweight materials.

Love it!

NormanM

On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 20:06:30 -0700, richard wrote:

> I did the security guard scene for 8 years. As a private citizen I had
> no authority other than what the client gave. Still, there are limits,
> by law, as to what a private citizen can and can not do.

And a security officer has all of the same powers as any private citizen, in
addition to the authority he has been given by the client regarding
restricting access to private events.

> As this is on school grounds, this makes it a public event.

Just because an event is held on public property does not make it a "public
event". When the Anime Resource Group rents the public property called,
"McEnery Convention Center", they can require passes to access certain areas
which can be restricted. The convention center concourse is always open to
the public, but the ballrooms, and event halls can have staffers at the
doors to turn non-attendees away.

I've also worked security for wedding receptions, held in publicly owned
facilities, yet leased by private parties. Being public property only means
public tax money paid for the facility. But the agency responsible for
booking events, can book private events, and the rules of the booking entity
can be, mostly, enforced; especially in areas which allow for restricted
access.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

From the really stupid cops department richard Computer Support 24 03-20-2010 01:03 PM
stupid stupid stupid kpg MCSE 17 11-26-2004 02:59 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: COPS: SHOTS FIRED, COPS: CAUGHT IN THE ACT, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 04-15-2004 09:04 AM
Re: New virus that masguerades as a note from IT department. °Mike° Computer Support 1 08-02-2003 01:52 AM

Advertisments