Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Advise to create regions in excel using HSSF

Advise to create regions in excel using HSSF

tegueste tegueste is offline
Junior Member

Hello.

I have a problem creating my excel file using HSSF. In excel I can merge cells using sheet.addMergedRegion(new CellRangeAddress(int firstRow, int lasRow, int firstCol, int lastCol))

My problem is I have datatables with differents headers which contains cells with rowspan and colspan and I want to create the same structure in excel.

I have defined the structure like you do in regular html to create the cells of a html table.

I have tried reading recursivily this structure and place in excel but no way. Maybe there is another way to do, I don't know but it would be great if somebody can give me an advise to do this.

thanks in advance