Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > panasonic dmc-fx07; attempted repair; secret error codes???

panasonic dmc-fx07; attempted repair; secret error codes???

okey

I have a Panasonic dmc-fx07 (I would not recommend them; don't seem
very rugged)

I tried to fix a 'please turn camera off and then on again' error. I
see on the net dirt might have something to do with the lens extending
properly.

Well I gutted it and didn't see much wrong.

Is there a way to access error codes; like cars, where you twist the
key twice, do a dance and error codes decipher right there on the
panel.

Thank you.

Pete D

"okey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Panasonic dmc-fx07 (I would not recommend them; don't seem
> very rugged)
>
> I tried to fix a 'please turn camera off and then on again' error. I
> see on the net dirt might have something to do with the lens extending
> properly.
>
> Well I gutted it and didn't see much wrong.
>
> Is there a way to access error codes; like cars, where you twist the
> key twice, do a dance and error codes decipher right there on the
> panel.
>
> Thank you.

Yes there is, I don't know what they are for this camera unfortunately
though.

You could try buying a repair manual for $7.99.

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.p...ervice-manual-

Cheers.

Pete