Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Error system.io.exception

Error system.io.exception

Sammy

Can anyone please explain me the cause and resolution of
this error.
TIA
Sammy

Server Error in '/' Application.

The device is not ready.
execution of the current web request. Please review the
stack trace for more information about the error and where
it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: The device is
not ready.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution
of the current web request. Information regarding the
origin and location of the exception can be identified
using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IOException: The device is not ready.
]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String
str) +723
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,
FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +888
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode,
FileAccess access, FileShare share) +45
System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri,
ICredentials credentials) +73
System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri,
String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) +55
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.CreateScanner() +384
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Init() +23
System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() +530
System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectText Token
() +146
System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() +26
System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader
reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +80
System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +72
System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) +78
Base.DomainLogic.BaseClass._GetCon() +83
Base.DomainLogic.Util..ctor() +35
BaseDOTNET.Search.populateDDWFromUtilOperators
(DropDownList& d1, String type) +43
BaseDOTNET.Search.SetPageVariables() +43
BaseDOTNET.Search.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
+7

Kevin Spencer

If you open a file for writing or appending, and don't close it, it will
remain locked. I suspect that this is the cause of your problem.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

news:09b701c3cee9$b082cd90$(E-Mail Removed)...