Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ARM Coming!

ARM Coming!

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Sharp introduces a machine that makes my Eee 701 look positively gargantuan
<http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/08/27/sharp_linux_arm_netbook/>.

Same RAM and flash-drive size as the original Eee. Even the processor power
seems comparable. 10-hour battery life sounds like a useful step up, though.

Gordon

On 2009-08-29, vitw <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:35:33 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
>> Sharp introduces a machine that makes my Eee 701 look positively
>> gargantuan
>> <http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/08/27/sharp_linux_arm_netbook/>.
>>
>> Same RAM and flash-drive size as the original Eee. Even the processor
>> power seems comparable. 10-hour battery life sounds like a useful step
>> up, though.

> Thanks for posting all that. Very positive new development.
>
> Personally, I'm hanging out for something like a JasJar with a 7-8"
> touchscreen.

My mind boggles at the drill depth needed for the average finger