Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Learning Python advanced features

Learning Python advanced features

jvpic

Hi,

Learning Python, I understand the mechanism of : closure, __new__,
descriptors, decorators and __metaclass__, but I interrogate myself on
the interest of those technics ?

May somebody explain me the interest ?

Many thanks !

Jackes Bihan

Bruno Desthuilliers

jvpic a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Learning Python, I understand the mechanism of : closure, __new__,
> descriptors, decorators and __metaclass__, but I interrogate myself on
> the interest of those technics ?
>
> May somebody explain me the interest ?

Didn't like my answers on f.c.l.py ?-)

Michel Claveau - MVP

Bonsoir !

Tu aurais peut-être dû répondre en anglais (pour certains, "advanced features", c'est mieux que "concepts sophistiqués").

@+

MCI

Jonathan Gardner

On Aug 27, 5:13*am, jvpic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Learning Python, I understand the mechanism of : closure, __new__,
> descriptors, decorators and __metaclass__, but I interrogate myself on
> the interest of those technics ?
>
> May somebody explain me the interest ?

I assume you are asking, "Why do these features exist? What makes them
useful? When would I use them?"

For that, you should re-read the documentation and discussion
surrounding them. The short answer is that the above makes your job,
as a programmer easier. It's easier because you have to write less
code, read less code, and your code has fewer bugs.

jvpic

Bruno Desthuilliers a écrit :
> jvpic a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Learning Python, I understand the mechanism of : closure, __new__,
>> descriptors, decorators and __metaclass__, but I interrogate myself on
>> the interest of those technics ?
>>
>> May somebody explain me the interest ?

> Didn't like my answers on f.c.l.py ?-)

Si, mais je voulais savoir ce qu'on en pense sur un autre forum !
Merci encore...

Bruno Desthuilliers

jvpic a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers a écrit :
>> jvpic a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Learning Python, I understand the mechanism of : closure, __new__,
>>> descriptors, decorators and __metaclass__, but I interrogate myself
>>> on the interest of those technics ?
>>>
>>> May somebody explain me the interest ?

>> Didn't like my answers on f.c.l.py ?-)

> Si, mais je voulais savoir ce qu'on en pense sur un autre forum !
> Merci encore...

Hum... I guess the smiley was not big enough !-)

Bruno Desthuilliers

Jonathan Gardner a écrit :
> On Aug 27, 5:13 am, jvpic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Learning Python, I understand the mechanism of : closure, __new__,
>> descriptors, decorators and __metaclass__, but I interrogate myself on
>> the interest of those technics ?
>>
>> May somebody explain me the interest ?
>>

> I assume you are asking, "Why do these features exist? What makes them
> useful? When would I use them?"
>
> For that, you should re-read the documentation and discussion
> surrounding them. The short answer is that the above makes your job,
> as a programmer easier. It's easier because you have to write less
> code, read less code, and your code has fewer bugs.

I think the OP is mostly looking for practical use cases. FWIW, when I
discovered Python's "lambda" (I only knew a couple low-level imperative
languages by that time), I really wondered what an anonymous function
could be used for !-)

Re: Advanced Python Programming Oxford Lectures [was: Re: *Advanced*Python book?] Michele Simionato Python 1 03-27-2010 06:10 AM
Advanced features Krice C++ 16 09-13-2009 05:08 PM
Are c++ features a subset of java features? BillJosephson C++ 148 01-27-2007 11:40 AM
Two favorite features of C++, and over-rated, and misued features Jonathan Mcdougall C++ 2 11-03-2005 06:22 PM
about python advanced/new features documentation Kl Python 1 12-04-2004 07:48 PM

Advertisments