Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > A moment of silence for Teddy!

A moment of silence for Teddy!

richard

Ok that's long enough.

Long term carpetbagging US Senator Ted Kennedy is now once again in
the arms of his brothers Jack and Bobby.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...ef=igoogle_cnn

Over 40 years as an elected US Senator. Already a millionaire, I'm
certain Mr. Kennedy added to his pockets from the generosity of
lobbyists of various special interests. Not to mention various
expensive gifts and perks from outside sources.

Mr. Kennedy is a perfect example of why we need to limit the terms of
elected officials. If two terms is good enough for the President, then
two should be plenty for federally elected officials.

But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their own
throats, ever.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:12:46 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their own
>throats, ever.

Ever hear of the 22nd Amendment?

Didn't think so.

hwf

philo <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile of<-

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...ndex.html?eref
=igoogle_cnn

>> Over 40 years as an elected US Senator. Already a millionaire, I'm
>> certain Mr. Kennedy added to his pockets from the generosity of
>> lobbyists of various special interests. Not to mention various
>> expensive gifts and perks from outside sources.
>>
>> Mr. Kennedy is a perfect example of why we need to limit the terms

of
>> elected officials. If two terms is good enough for the President,

then
>> two should be plenty for federally elected officials.
>>
>> But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their

own
>> throats, ever.

>I am a Democrat (or at least usually vote that way).
>
>Nope, can't say anything good about him though.

Sure, never let ignorance stop ye

>Don't know for sure, but maybe he was nice to his mother???

Or...
" He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil
rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care
easier for the indigent, and funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income
seniors. His other successes include reducing the voting age from 21 to
18, and Title IX, which gave women's athletics much better funding."
http://www.nndb.com/people/623/000023554/

http://tedkennedy.com/record

FYI
HTH
HAND

hwf

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> pinched out a steaming pile
of<(E-Mail Removed)>:

> Ok that's long enough.

<SLAP>

You probably voted at 18 due to Teds desire to give young people the
right to vote, you gormless knob.

http://tedkennedy.com/record

> Long term carpetbagging US Senator Ted Kennedy is now once again in
> the arms of his brothers Jack and Bobby.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...ndex.html?eref
=igoogle_cnn

> Over 40 years as an elected US Senator. Already a millionaire, I'm
> certain<SLAP>

I'm certain you're a duchebag.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:16:30 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Do you understand what it says? Didn't think so.

You really lack the basic clue that God gave a singe cell amoeba. I'm
not going to waste any more time with you, because once you're proven
wrong, you simply drop from a thread.

Like your comment on how your USB hard drive is like a flash drive.

Like your "afro American" thread.

Like your comment about Obama's parents.

Do I even need to go on?

Evan Platt

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:43:40 -0700, richard <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>And every time you have been proven wrong, you ain't gonna waste your
>time with me no more. Yet, you keep coming back, and back, and back.

LOL. When? Huh? When st00pid? Like the 300 people sharing the same IP
address? Or any of the other threads I mentioned? When have you proven
me wrong? I'd love to hear this.

>Like in this thread you're trying to claim that the 22nd amendment
>applies to US senators. If that were true, Teddy would have retired 20
>years ago.

You. Just. Don't. Get. It.

"But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their
own throats, ever."

You don't think the then President had any say in the 22nd amendment?

There's other times Senate or Congress has done things like that to
'cut their own throats', look it up.

chuckcar

philo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> richard wrote:
>> Ok that's long enough.
>>
>> Long term carpetbagging US Senator Ted Kennedy is now once again in
>> the arms of his brothers Jack and Bobby.
>>
>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/...dex.html?eref=
>> igoogle_cnn
>>
>> Over 40 years as an elected US Senator. Already a millionaire, I'm
>> certain Mr. Kennedy added to his pockets from the generosity of
>> lobbyists of various special interests. Not to mention various
>> expensive gifts and perks from outside sources.
>>
>> Mr. Kennedy is a perfect example of why we need to limit the terms of
>> elected officials. If two terms is good enough for the President, then
>> two should be plenty for federally elected officials.
>>
>> But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their own
>> throats, ever.

> I am a Democrat (or at least usually vote that way).
>
> Nope, can't say anything good about him though.
>
> Don't know for sure, but maybe he was nice to his mother???

It continually amazes me just how fatally the US populace doesn't get
liberal politics and the whole point of government - Even after forcibly
reading your own declaration of independence for education purposes - "a
government *of* the people *for* the people *by* the people".

Teddy Kennedy was the most outspoken politician in the senate on just that
and almost exclusively that.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

XS11E

richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ok that's long enough.

Time for a commercial break...

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811054

The Usenet Improvement Project:

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

XS11E <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Ok that's long enough.

>Time for a commercial break...
>
>http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811054

Haven't seen that for "Ad" in years, that was mentioned just a few
months ago in this group.

It's taken from an old National Lampoon mag.
You know National Lampoon:
http://blogs.ilw.com/.shared/image.h...07/09/06/7.jpg
just in case http://tinyurl.com/ltl7dg

--

Heavy transport chopper, plus a little dust and a touch of static electricity
http://www.hardocp.com/images/news/1...Kw3c_1_1_l.jpg

Silence detection Martin UK VOIP 3 02-04-2006 11:13 AM
Sipgate and Asterisk, Calls cut if silence detected Sparks UK VOIP 1 07-12-2005 09:03 AM
DVD Verdict reviews: LOVING WALTER, THE PACT OF SILENCE, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 11-26-2003 10:04 AM
moment by moment Ken W. DVD Video 0 09-24-2003 12:22 AM
Does G.711 have silence suppression? Alex VOIP 3 09-05-2003 03:39 AM

Advertisments