Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: XP or Vista

Re: XP or Vista

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>I'm considering a new desktop. I see that just about everything is coming
>preloaded with Vista. I've been using Windows XP Pro for about five years and
>I'm hesitant to switch to Vista, especially since I've heard that a lot of my
>software might not work with Vista. Can I get some opinions of XP versus Vista,
>pros and cons? Thanks.

Stick with XP

vista's dead, just wait for windows 7 to be released. W7 will have a
virtual program so you will be able to run XP, and as far as I know
all the programs XP will run. http://tinyurl.com/dg22sm

"Windows 7 Release Date is 22nd October 2009" google

--

Don't think so...
http://www.animalpicturesarchive.com...1105715357.jpg

Star@*.*

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:10:36 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I'm considering a new desktop. I see that just about everything is coming
>>preloaded with Vista. I've been using Windows XP Pro for about five years and
>>I'm hesitant to switch to Vista, especially since I've heard that a lot of my
>>software might not work with Vista. Can I get some opinions of XP versus Vista,
>>pros and cons? Thanks.

>Stick with XP
>
>vista's dead, just wait for windows 7 to be released. W7 will have a
>virtual program so you will be able to run XP, and as far as I know
>all the programs XP will run. http://tinyurl.com/dg22sm
>
>"Windows 7 Release Date is 22nd October 2009" google

Only if you purchase the Win7 Professional or Ultimate version = more
money.

Home or Home Premium do not have this feature.

Art

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Star@*.* wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:10:36 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>>I'm considering a new desktop. I see that just about everything is coming
>>>preloaded with Vista. I've been using Windows XP Pro for about five years and
>>>I'm hesitant to switch to Vista, especially since I've heard that a lot of my
>>>software might not work with Vista. Can I get some opinions of XP versus Vista,
>>>pros and cons? Thanks.

>>Stick with XP
>>
>>vista's dead, just wait for windows 7 to be released. W7 will have a
>>virtual program so you will be able to run XP, and as far as I know
>>all the programs XP will run. http://tinyurl.com/dg22sm
>>
>>"Windows 7 Release Date is 22nd October 2009" google

>Only if you purchase the Win7 Professional or Ultimate version = more
>money.
>Home or Home Premium do not have this feature.
>
>Art

All of them should be able to do it with Vmware (the free version).
http://www.brothersoft.com/vmware-player-63807.html
Create your XP disk to a .VMX file, Or ghost your XP installation,
create a .VMX file from that.
http://www.virtualization.info/2005/...or-vmware.html

--

Heavy transport chopper, plus a little dust and a touch of static electricity
http://www.hardocp.com/images/news/1...Kw3c_1_1_l.jpg