Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > NO OUTPUT,dvi to vga adapter,HDMI to tv

NO OUTPUT,dvi to vga adapter,HDMI to tv

Roky

I am not getting any output from my dvi to vga adapter that came with
my
video card. I am also not getting any output from the HDMI
connectionon my video card to my hdtv.
The vga output works ok to either my monitor or my hd tv
THe Brand New MSI video card is n9400gt 512mb msi but it apparently
uses nvidia software. Hp athlon 4600 pc.

DO I have to do something to the software to make it work? in the
video section of the software it only says it will display a clone
image if i use to monitors. I see nothing in the nvidia
control panel that talks about dvi or hdmi.

Also how do I get the card to work two monitors at the same time with
different images.
thanks.

- Bobb -

Not to be a wise-guy. but
Didn't it come with a manual ?
2 monitors? - windows- control panel - display - settings
On the MONITOR is there a switch for "which output to use?" or toggle modes
via monitor - button menu etc.

"Roky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am not getting any output from my dvi to vga adapter that came with
> my
> video card. I am also not getting any output from the HDMI
> connectionon my video card to my hdtv.
> The vga output works ok to either my monitor or my hd tv
> THe Brand New MSI video card is n9400gt 512mb msi but it apparently
> uses nvidia software. Hp athlon 4600 pc.
>
> DO I have to do something to the software to make it work? in the
> video section of the software it only says it will display a clone
> image if i use to monitors. I see nothing in the nvidia
> control panel that talks about dvi or hdmi.
>
> Also how do I get the card to work two monitors at the same time with
> different images.
> thanks.

Roky

It came with a quick users quide and another quick users quide which
show you how to install the hardware and run the cd rom ,and nothing
else. I looked on the cd for a manual.
Cliking on the cd opens a window titled setup,with tabs at the top,
driver,utility,website, manual,cyberlink,inernet security

cliking on manual
gives you 2 choices, something called vivid manual which allows you to
change contrast,color
and the other choice is browse CD
which gives you a bunch of folders
but nothing in there that i can see like a help folder or manual that
explains anything.

nothing in windows control panel ,display settings regarding dvi or
hdmi ports.

there is no switch on my crt monitor which works fine on the vga
output of the card, it just doesnt work on the dvi to vga converter
output and there is no info on how to run dual monitors, I only have
one crt monitor.

the hdtv doesnt work with the output of the card from the hdmi port
and i couldnt find anything in the tv menu to change
its a 32 olivia hdtv

thanks.

does your card have dvi and hdmi outputs?
On Aug 25, 12:38*pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
> Not to be a wise-guy. but
> Didn't it come with a manual ?
> 2 monitors? - windows- control panel - display - settings
> On the MONITOR is there a switch for "which output to use?" or toggle modes
> via monitor - button menu etc.
>
> "Roky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I am not getting any output from my dvi to vga adapter that came with
> > my
> > video card. I am also not getting any output from the HDMI
> > connectionon my video card to my hdtv.
> > The vga output works ok to either my monitor or my hd tv
> > THe Brand New MSI video card is n9400gt 512mb msi but it apparently
> > uses nvidia software. Hp athlon 4600 pc.

> > DO I have to do something to the software to make it work? in the
> > video section of the software it only says it will display a clone
> > image if i use to monitors. I see nothing in the nvidia
> > control panel that talks about dvi or hdmi.

> > Also how do I get the card to work two monitors at the same time with
> > different images.
> > thanks.

Roky

You have to turn off the PC and then turn it back on for the card to
find the new monitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roky