Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: How to unlock a locked file under Windows?

Re: How to unlock a locked file under Windows?

Victor Bazarov

Water Lin wrote:
> I try to ask this question in Windows group, but no response yet. I post
> it here and hope someone can help me.

If your question about some car trouble in a car newsgroup hasn't been
answered yet, it is not a good reason to ask about it in a cooking forum
only because you think that some chefs also drive or might even know how
to fix cars.

C++ *language* has no means to lock or unlock files, that functionality
belongs to the OS you're running on. And there are so many places you
can ask questions on Windows that there is no excuse to ask about this
in a language forum. Please consider that.

> [..]

Vladimir Jovic

Victor Bazarov wrote:
> Water Lin wrote:
>> I try to ask this question in Windows group, but no response yet. I post
>> it here and hope someone can help me.

> If your question about some car trouble in a car newsgroup hasn't been
> answered yet, it is not a good reason to ask about it in a cooking forum
> only because you think that some chefs also drive or might even know how
> to fix cars.
>
> C++ *language* has no means to lock or unlock files, that functionality
> belongs to the OS you're running on. And there are so many places you
> can ask questions on Windows that there is no excuse to ask about this
> in a language forum. Please consider that.

Another possible answer : STFG

I got so many hits when I tried "file locking"