Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > I Have No Sock Puppets!

I Have No Sock Puppets!

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

There are some people who ostensibly don't like me, yet they take every
opportunity to requote my postings and append vacuous comments, to the great
chagrin of those who are trying to avoid seeing any of my writings.

Let me just say that these responders are doing it entirely off their own
bat! I have nothing to do with them, they are not me under another name, I
am not paying them money, or anything like that. They really are acting out
of their own stupidity. Hard to believe people like that actually exist, but
there you go.

impossible

news:h6vdgg$2jp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> There are some people who ostensibly don't like me...

Who the **** cares?

pystol

On Aug 25, 1:07*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
> There are some people who ostensibly don't like me, yet they take every
> opportunity to requote my postings and append vacuous comments, to the great
> chagrin of those who are trying to avoid seeing any of my writings.
>
> Let me just say that these responders are doing it entirely off their own
> bat! I have nothing to do with them, they are not me under another name, I
> am not paying them money, or anything like that. They really are acting out
> of their own stupidity. Hard to believe people like that actually exist, but
> there you go.

There's no **** on my arms.

Why do you need to make post like this?

peterwn

On Aug 25, 1:07*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:

I use one name / email address for public postings. I too seem to cop
a bit of flak now and again. I do remember the line from an old
Sunday School song "You in your small corner, and I in mine."

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:35:34 -0700 (PDT), pystol <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in
<news:(E-Mail Removed)>:

> On Aug 25, 1:07*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
> central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>> There are some people who ostensibly don't like me, yet they take every
>> opportunity to requote my postings and append vacuous comments, to the great
>> chagrin of those who are trying to avoid seeing any of my writings.
>>
>> Let me just say that these responders are doing it entirely off their own
>> bat! I have nothing to do with them, they are not me under another name, I
>> am not paying them money, or anything like that. They really are acting out
>> of their own stupidity. Hard to believe people like that actually exist, but
>> there you go.

> There's no **** on my arms.
>
> Why do you need to make post like this?

Because, in spite of having absolutely nothing of any moment to say, he
absolutely HAS to say something. Anything.

But who cares a **** anyway?

--
- Nicolaas

Gordon

On 2009-08-25, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

> There are some people who ostensibly don't like me, yet they take every
> opportunity to requote my postings and append vacuous comments, to the great
> chagrin of those who are trying to avoid seeing any of my writings.

This has been pointed out before on this ng, several times.

> Let me just say that these responders are doing it entirely off their own
> bat! I have nothing to do with them, they are not me under another name, I
> am not paying them money, or anything like that. They really are acting out
> of their own stupidity. Hard to believe people like that actually exist, but
> there you go.

Indeed. Still it is their reality.

Lawrence, who posts on this list has met you face to face?

Is it not your actions which are annoying people, not you, as such?

BABYMASH, where are you? Go on Google. Hint, capital letters, some years ago
now.

Finally, give up pulling the prepuce of the posters. Trolls do this.

Gordon

On 2009-08-25, peterwn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 25, 1:07*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
> central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>
> I use one name / email address for public postings. I too seem to cop
> a bit of flak now and again.

It is the point of view with one should disagree with. Never the person.

Gordon

On 2009-08-25, pystol <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Aug 25, 1:07*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
> central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>> There are some people who ostensibly don't like me, yet they take every
>> opportunity to requote my postings and append vacuous comments, to the great
>> chagrin of those who are trying to avoid seeing any of my writings.
>>
>> Let me just say that these responders are doing it entirely off their own
>> bat! I have nothing to do with them, they are not me under another name, I
>> am not paying them money, or anything like that. They really are acting out
>> of their own stupidity. Hard to believe people like that actually exist, but
>> there you go.

> There's no **** on my arms.

Got under my radar.

> Why do you need to make post like this?

Good questioon. Of course the *honest* answer would be about feelings. See?

Gordon

On 2009-08-25, Nicolaas Hawkins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:35:34 -0700 (PDT), pystol <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in
><news:(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>> On Aug 25, 1:07*pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
>> central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
>>> There are some people who ostensibly don't like me, yet they take every
>>> opportunity to requote my postings and append vacuous comments, to the great
>>> chagrin of those who are trying to avoid seeing any of my writings.
>>>
>>> Let me just say that these responders are doing it entirely off their own
>>> bat! I have nothing to do with them, they are not me under another name, I
>>> am not paying them money, or anything like that. They really are acting out
>>> of their own stupidity. Hard to believe people like that actually exist, but
>>> there you go.

>> There's no **** on my arms.
>>
>> Why do you need to make post like this?

> Because, in spite of having absolutely nothing of any moment to say, he
> absolutely HAS to say something. Anything.
>
> But who cares a **** anyway?

People in democratic countries. Freedom of speech. Lawrence, like BABYMASH
before him, or Roger/Woger et al now, do not attack people. They express
something they find interesting.

Pity is that this thread is one of the longer ones fired off by Lawrence.

Finally, why does one read postings from people who are not interesting to
them? Read every word in each newspaper

Gordon

On 2009-08-25, impossible <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote in message
> news:h6vdgg$2jp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There are some people who ostensibly don't like me...

> Who the **** cares?

But it does press your button eh

Re: Anti-Linux SCARECROW SOCK DFS rants again Hadron Computer Support 2 09-13-2008 05:39 AM
Re: ThreadingTCPServer: sock.recv() doesn't block? Steve Holden Python 0 04-02-2008 03:59 PM
Outing Sock Puppets Stu Computer Support 7 09-05-2006 10:13 PM
sock.recv() in Windows Jason Python 1 08-22-2004 02:07 AM
convert a single to multiuser.. in sock.c program OZ C Programming 5 02-09-2004 03:35 AM

Advertisments