Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Debugger not stopping at break points in VS2002?

Debugger not stopping at break points in VS2002?

Kathy Burke

Hi and sigh...sorry if this is considered OT, just hoping other Visual
Studio users could help me with this.

All of a sudden when I'm debugging (asp.net) in VS2002 my breakpoints
don't work. I've researched it and seen others with this problem, but no
answers yet, other than the "workaround" from M$ saying to debug via the
client code (yeah, that would be fun).

I built my solution/dll in Debug mode, not Release and my configuration
manager is set to Debug mode as well. I've tried cold booting my pc,
etc.

BTW, the same project debugs ok on another machine...just not the
machine IIIII use, of course!

TIA for any info on this...going nuts...

Kathy

Brian Paul

I ran into a similar problem a long time ago. if i remember correctly, it
has something to do with using the same name for the aspx page even though
they are in different directories. for example:

/myapp/reports/default.aspx
/myapp/stuff/default.aspx

this is only a problem in VS 2002. The problem appears to be fixed in VS
2003 -- since i haven't run into it since i upgraded...

hope that helps.

Brian

"Kathy Burke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi and sigh...sorry if this is considered OT, just hoping other Visual
> Studio users could help me with this.
>
> All of a sudden when I'm debugging (asp.net) in VS2002 my breakpoints
> don't work. I've researched it and seen others with this problem, but no
> answers yet, other than the "workaround" from M$ saying to debug via the
> client code (yeah, that would be fun).
>
> I built my solution/dll in Debug mode, not Release and my configuration
> manager is set to Debug mode as well. I've tried cold booting my pc,
> etc.
>
> BTW, the same project debugs ok on another machine...just not the
> machine IIIII use, of course!
>
> TIA for any info on this...going nuts...
>
> Kathy

Kathy Burke

Thanks for the thought, Brian. No luck for me though. Just using one
project on a dev pc.

It was working fine, then pffffft...so they all say!

Kathy

Kathy Burke

THE SOLUTION:

Even though Active Debug was set as the mode, etc., somehow(?) the
property pages (access by right clicking on your project in Solution
Explorer and select Properties.

At the bottom of that form is Debuggers - Enable: ASP.NET got
unchecked....ugh...but glad I found it after wasting only 4 hours.

HTH someone else some day.

Kathy