Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Windows refund

Windows refund

impossible

"Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h6sod0$107$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> impossible wrote:
>>
>> "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:h6sidf$h7j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how I go about getting compensation for the Windows,
>>> that I will never use?

>> Return the laptop, get your money back, buy something else.

> Laptop?
>
> Oh, you mean netbook.
>
> Like I said, I adore it, it has become even more of an extension of me
> than I care to admit.
>
> And I don't want all my money back, just the bit for an Operating System I
> will never use.

Maybe you should have thought of that before walking out of the store. Now
hurry along back.

impossible

"Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h6ssvg$8k1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Bobs wrote:
>> On Aug 24, 11:12 am, Sailor Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I recently purchased a shiny new Aspire One (which I adore).
>>> Unfortunately it came with the Windows Operating System, loaded but not
>>> installed. I have never completed the installation, nor will I, I have
>>> Ubuntu NBR which /more/ than satisfies my needs.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how I go about getting compensation for the Windows,
>>> that I will never use?

>> What a dick. Seriously.
>>
>> Did you not know windows was on it? did the salesman trick you? Did
>> you not see the Windows sticker on it?
>>
>> Stop being a dick. Difficult customers like you are a nightmare.

> What's difficult Bob, buying a computer without Windows?

Did you ask to buy a computer without Windows? No. Now off you go, troll.

Sailor Sam

impossible wrote:

> "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h6sod0$107$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> impossible wrote:
>>>
>>> "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:h6sidf$h7j$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>>> Return the laptop, get your money back, buy something else.

>> Laptop?
>>
>> Oh, you mean netbook.
>>
>> Like I said, I adore it, it has become even more of an extension of me
>> than I care to admit.
>>
>> And I don't want all my money back, just the bit for an Operating
>> System I will never use.

> Maybe you should have thought of that before walking out of the store.
> Now hurry along back.

An interesting idea, had I been told about the EULA, had I been given
the oppourtunity to read the EULA *before* I left the store.

Sailor Sam

impossible wrote:

> "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:h6ssvg$8k1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Bobs wrote:

>>> What a dick. Seriously.
>>>
>>> Did you not know windows was on it? did the salesman trick you? Did
>>> you not see the Windows sticker on it?
>>>
>>> Stop being a dick. Difficult customers like you are a nightmare.

>> What's difficult Bob, buying a computer without Windows?

> Did you ask to buy a computer without Windows? No. Now off you go, troll.

Was I told about the contents of the EULA? No. Now what?

Bobs

On Aug 24, 3:25*pm, Sailor Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> impossible wrote:
>
> > "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:h6ssvg$8k1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> >> What's difficult Bob, buying a computer without Windows?

> > Did you ask to buy a computer without Windows? No. Now off you go, troll.

> Was I told about the contents of the EULA? No. Now what?- Hide quoted text -

Worst customer ever. You bought the damn thing. Answer me this - did
you NOT know it had windows on it? Was it not clearly labelled?

If you answered yes to either or both of these before purchasing the
thing, then you are just being a dick. Simple as that.

impossible

"Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h6t14p$fgs$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> impossible wrote:
>>
>> "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:h6sod0$107$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>>> Laptop?
>>>
>>> Oh, you mean netbook.
>>>
>>> Like I said, I adore it, it has become even more of an extension of me
>>> than I care to admit.
>>>
>>> And I don't want all my money back, just the bit for an Operating System
>>> I will never use.

>> Maybe you should have thought of that before walking out of the store.
>> Now hurry along back.

> An interesting idea, had I been told about the EULA, had I been given the
> oppourtunity to read the EULA *before* I left the store.

If you never intended to install Windows, the EULA is irrelevant to you.

Sailor Sam

Bobs wrote:
> On Aug 24, 3:25 pm, Sailor Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> impossible wrote:
>>
>>> "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:h6ssvg$8k1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>>> Did you ask to buy a computer without Windows? No. Now off you go, troll.

>> Was I told about the contents of the EULA? No. Now what?- Hide quoted text -

> Worst customer ever. You bought the damn thing. Answer me this - did
> you NOT know it had windows on it?

No actually.

> Was it not clearly labelled?

Not at all.

> If you answered yes to either or both of these before purchasing the
> thing, then you are just being a dick. Simple as that.

Wrong.

Sailor Sam

geoff wrote:
> Sailor Sam wrote:
>> impossible wrote:
>>> "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:h6ssvg$8k1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>>> Did you ask to buy a computer without Windows? No. Now off you go,
>>> troll.

>> Was I told about the contents of the EULA? No. Now what?

> Probably not.

Definitely not.

> What difference does the EULA make - you had already
> purchased the item with the software bundled. The EULA applies to what you
> do with the MS part of the item after the purchase.
>
> geoff

And here's the rub. I don't agree with the EULA.

impossible

"Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h6t16r$flv$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> impossible wrote:
>>
>> "Sailor Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:h6ssvg$8k1$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

>>> What's difficult Bob, buying a computer without Windows?

>> Did you ask to buy a computer without Windows? No. Now off you go, troll.

> Was I told about the contents of the EULA? No. Now what?

The Windows EULA is irrelvant to you unless and until you install Windows.
If you don't want the license you foolishly paid for, then just return the
machine, get your money back, and buy something else. How much plainer can I
make this for you? Your troll failed -- now off you go!

Sailor Sam

geoff wrote:
> Sailor Sam wrote:
>> An interesting idea, had I been told about the EULA, had I been given
>> the oppourtunity to read the EULA *before* I left the store.

> The EULA has nothing to do with it. You purchased a laptop with Windows -
> end of story. What you decide to do after that purchase it totally up to
> you - if you use Windows or not.

That really depends on the presumption that I knew windows was on the
machine.

> Just like the engine in your car if you decided you'd rather drop in a V8,
> or VW instead. Get over it.
>
> geoff

It would be more like buying a car without a stereo, which I can do (and
have so done).
I can, and probably will, upgrade parts of this machine. But I will
never use the Windows Operating system.