Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-293 and 294

70-293 and 294

John

So I took both of these exams before having a good handle on them, because I
signed up for the retake exams. I need ed to see how MS was going to ask the
questions and what areas I needed to imporove in.

1. I suck at performance monitoring. I need a good place to find information
on this. So real good step by step on understand what the counters mean,
without having to buy a book. I did look in Technet and the link was broken
to the Server 2000 information. (only place I could find it).

2. OU structure was an issue for me as well.. Which is odd because I know
that stuff pretty well. I just don't know how to give the "MS" versions of
the answers. Any help with this would be nice too.

Thank you!

Webmaster Webmaster is offline
Junior Member

the dumps are available for 293 and 294 at dumpsquestions.com

Gareth

Thats kind of odd because when I took 70-293 there was very little on
Performance Monitoring. Maybe you got luckier than I but 33% of my exam was
Clustering and NLB and the other 33% was MS Certificate Services. With the
last 33% just being everything else crammed in.

In regards to Performance Monitor I seem to remember a lot more of that
stuff on the 70-290 or 70-291 exam to be perfectly honest.

The main thing I remember on performance monitors was you really only needed
to know a few key counters for the exam such as Disk, Processor and Memory.
Other than that it was mostly just how you configured the counters, whether
as an Alert, Trace, etc.

As for OUs. Not much too them. Main thing for 70-294 on OUs is knowing how
that affects delegation and GPOs. Ie. Inheritance, Override, Block
Inheritance and GPO processing order.

Hope that helps somewhat.