Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > I want to learn about computer securtity and networking

I want to learn about computer securtity and networking

PeterBuwalda

BlankI want to learn about computer securtity and networking. Where should I
start.
Cleat

David H. Lipman

From: "PeterBuwalda" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| BlankI want to learn about computer securtity and networking. Where should I
| start.
| Cleat

Library/Book store.

--
Dave

nemo_outis

"PeterBuwalda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4a8f14ef$(E-Mail Removed):

> BlankI want to learn about computer securtity and networking. Where
> should I start.
> Cleat

You have asked an extremely broad question. For instance, are you
interested in just home networking, or in the "full catastrophe" including
BGP, etc?

On the security front the best broad overview is provided by Anderson's
"Security Engineering." There are extended excerpts from the second
edition and the entire first edition is online:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/book.html

Do a little research on your own and then come back with more specific
focussed questions. For instance, do you want to be told what universities
have good 4-year computer science programs or is that not a direction
you're looking to go?

Regards,

VanguardLH

PeterBuwalda wrote:

> BlankI want to learn about computer securtity and networking. Where should I
> start.
> Cleat

Library.
Google.