Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Generate QR codes easily and a question.

Generate QR codes easily and a question.

David Segall

I was intrigued by a reference to QR codes
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code> in Martin Streicher's article
in Linux Magazine
<http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2008/97/WEB-GRAPHER>. The
article is really about using Google Charts
<http://code.google.com/apis/chart/>.

I rushed to the site of my mobile (cell) phone provider and discovered
that my phone could decode QR codes and, in addition, they provided an
easy-to-use generator for the code
<http://www.telstra.com.au/codes/create_your_own_code.cfm>. The result
is at <http://www.profectus.com.au/contact.html#QR>.

The question is about making the QR code look pretty. A Google image
search for QR codes produced some with background images and some with
logos embedded in the image. Does anyone know where I can find out how
to do this? I would like the Profectus logo included in the QR code
image.

Harlan Messinger

David Segall wrote:
> I was intrigued by a reference to QR codes
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_Code> in Martin Streicher's article
> in Linux Magazine
> <http://www.linux-magazine.com/Issues/2008/97/WEB-GRAPHER>. The
> article is really about using Google Charts
> <http://code.google.com/apis/chart/>.
>
> I rushed to the site of my mobile (cell) phone provider and discovered
> that my phone could decode QR codes and, in addition, they provided an
> easy-to-use generator for the code
> <http://www.telstra.com.au/codes/create_your_own_code.cfm>. The result
> is at <http://www.profectus.com.au/contact.html#QR>.
>
> The question is about making the QR code look pretty. A Google image
> search for QR codes produced some with background images and some with
> logos embedded in the image. Does anyone know where I can find out how
> to do this? I would like the Profectus logo included in the QR code
> image.

What's this got to do with HTML, even indirectly?