Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Apache Axis2 - org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

Apache Axis2 - org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

Michael Post

Hello,

Apache Axis 2 throws the following error to me.

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

Has somebody any idea what does it mean?
With online search engines i can not find anything related to this.

Thanks.

Hopeful,

Michael

Donkey Hottie

"Michael Post" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4a8d7c4c$0$32680$(E-Mail Removed)-online.net
> Hello,
>
> Apache Axis 2 throws the following error to me.
>
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active
>
> Has somebody any idea what does it mean?
> With online search engines i can not find anything
> related to this.

Most propably it is not an Axis error message, but your @WebMethod or
another method is a Session Bean, and the error takes place there.

Check out your implementation of the web service and try to catch errors
there and log them better.

In Axis 1.4 which I am more familiar, the generated interfaces throws only a
RMIException, which may discard the underlying cause from user. You better
to catch your exceptions and log them properly.

Roedy Green

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:39:40 +0200, Michael Post <(E-Mail Removed)>

>org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

What sorts of transactions could it be talking about? EJB, SQL?

It might mean a timeout. By the time the information was ready, the
transaction waiting for it had given up and terminated.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

http://thecovemovie.com : The Cove: a documentary about Japan's secret atrocities against dolphins.

Roedy Green

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:39:40 +0200, Michael Post <(E-Mail Removed)>

>org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

If you follow the stack trace, what were you doing at the time? Was
it something that required you to be in the middle of a transaction?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

http://thecovemovie.com : The Cove: a documentary about Japan's secret atrocities against dolphins.

Arne Vajh°j

Michael Post wrote:
> Apache Axis 2 throws the following error to me.
>
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active
>
> Has somebody any idea what does it mean?
> With online search engines i can not find anything related to this.

Most likely it is an exception happening server server that
just get wrapped as an AxisFault.

So start troubleshooting server side.

Arne

Arne Vajh°j

Roedy Green wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 18:39:40 +0200, Michael Post <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Transaction not active

> If you follow the stack trace, what were you doing at the time? Was
> it something that required you to be in the middle of a transaction?

It is not a client side exception.

Arne