Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Fonts installed on the web client???

Fonts installed on the web client???

yuri vanzine

Hi all,

developing a multilingual app in .net and relying on
the .NET cultures. There is a need to determine
programmatically whether or not the browser client-side
supports a particular font, for example "Are asian fonts
installed? If yes, display simplified chinese as a viable
option. If not, display install this font message."

CultureInfo.GetCultures
(CultureTypes.InstalledWin32Cultures)) refers to the
server-side, so don't even go there ).

I could not find anything on the subject!

Yuri Vanzine

Chris Jackson

Try just embedding them. If your clients are using IE, then go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ame=%20&fsize=

I don't know about support for other browsers.

--
Chris Jackson
Software Engineer

news:074a01c3ce1e$336a2180$(E-Mail Removed)...