Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Free digital sertificates

Free digital sertificates

George Pavlenko

Dear friends!

At the address http://ca.ukrtrans.biz/ yesterday has opened a new service
which gives you a possibility free of charge to receive digital
certificates
of various types.

We invite you free of charge to take advantage of our services. We will be
glad to hear your opinion on our service and with a great attention we will
listen to all your remarks and wishes.

--
George Pavlenko

VanguardLH

George Pavlenko wrote:

> Dear friends!
>
> At the address http://ca.ukrtrans.biz/ yesterday has opened a new service
> which gives you a possibility free of charge to receive digital
> certificates
> of various types.
>
> We invite you free of charge to take advantage of our services. We will be
> glad to hear your opinion on our service and with a great attention we will
> listen to all your remarks and wishes.

This is NOT a pro-spamming newsgroup. Oh yeah, like anyone is going to
trust a brand new cert authority, and one in the Ukraine. If users
aren't going to get one from a respected 3rd party, they'll probably
generate their own [internal] certs.

If they're offering EVERY cert type then I suspect they're just trying
to drum up enough business to establish a large customer base along with
ironing out their system and then they'll yank away from their
freeloaders by charging for that service or offering a "discount" to the
existing freeloaders. It would be tested for maybe 2 years and then,
poof, it goes commercial.

I wouldn't waste my time on a "free" cert authority who can't even
bother to get someone above a high-schooler just playing with HTML to
design their web site. They choose not to waste any effort in
translating their Russian languaged web site (http://www.ukrtrans.biz/)
to English or to other languages. Peculiar that their Russian site
needs to have a Malaysian web designer. Sorry, but I can't read old
Latin in their About page, and the online Latin->English translators
don't handle deliberate misspellings (but what it could translate seemed
more about sensual delight than a technical brief on a cert project).