Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > 'USB Safely Remove' v4.1 - Free

'USB Safely Remove' v4.1 - Free

joe_90

'USB Safely Remove' is a USB and SATA external drive manager included by
PCWorld magazine into "TOP 100 Best Products Of 2008". It solves a bunch
of problems encountered by frequent USB and SATA users, for example:

* Shows what processes prevent your device from being stopped
* Lets you reactivate your accidentally stopped hotplug device
without reconnecting it physically
* Hides drives of empty card reader slots

Free lifetime license for v4.1 - offer valid Aug 19th-25th

http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-19th-25th.htm

Woger

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:29:12 +1200, "geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>joe_90 wrote:
>> 'USB Safely Remove' is a USB and SATA external drive manager included
>> by PCWorld magazine into "TOP 100 Best Products Of 2008". It solves a
>> bunch of problems encountered by frequent USB and SATA users, for
>> example:
>> * Shows what processes prevent your device from being stopped
>> * Lets you reactivate your accidentally stopped hotplug device
>> without reconnecting it physically
>> * Hides drives of empty card reader slots
>>
>> Free lifetime license for v4.1 - offer valid Aug 19th-25th
>>
>> http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-19th-25th.htm

>Thanks for that ! What a change to find a helpful unsolicited post on
>nz.comp !
>
>Now the thread can degenrate3 into how much better USB is on Linux....
>
>geoff

Yes this is a Must have tool.

Dave Doe

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> joe_90 wrote:
> > 'USB Safely Remove' is a USB and SATA external drive manager included
> > by PCWorld magazine into "TOP 100 Best Products Of 2008". It solves a
> > bunch of problems encountered by frequent USB and SATA users, for
> > example:
> > * Shows what processes prevent your device from being stopped
> > * Lets you reactivate your accidentally stopped hotplug device
> > without reconnecting it physically
> > * Hides drives of empty card reader slots
> >
> > Free lifetime license for v4.1 - offer valid Aug 19th-25th
> >
> > http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-19th-25th.htm

> Thanks for that ! What a change to find a helpful unsolicited post on
> nz.comp !
>
> Now the thread can degenrate3 into how much better USB is on Linux....

Windows 98! - It IS faster - over 5 million... <BANG!>

--
Duncan

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
> 'USB Safely Remove' is a USB and SATA external drive manager included
> by PCWorld magazine into "TOP 100 Best Products Of 2008". It solves a
> bunch of problems encountered by frequent USB and SATA users, for
> example:
> * Shows what processes prevent your device from being stopped
> * Lets you reactivate your accidentally stopped hotplug device
> without reconnecting it physically
> * Hides drives of empty card reader slots
>
> Free lifetime license for v4.1 - offer valid Aug 19th-25th
>
> http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-19th-25th.htm

TYVM. The site is too busy right now, I'll try again later.
--
Shaun.

~misfit~

> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
>> 'USB Safely Remove' is a USB and SATA external drive manager included
>> by PCWorld magazine into "TOP 100 Best Products Of 2008". It solves a
>> bunch of problems encountered by frequent USB and SATA users, for
>> example:
>> * Shows what processes prevent your device from being stopped
>> * Lets you reactivate your accidentally stopped hotplug device
>> without reconnecting it physically
>> * Hides drives of empty card reader slots
>>
>> Free lifetime license for v4.1 - offer valid Aug 19th-25th
>>
>> http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-19th-25th.htm

> TYVM. The site is too busy right now, I'll try again later.

Cool, got it, and my email with my serial.

Thanks again.
--
Shaun.

Ray Greene

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:19:58 +1200, joe_90 <joe_90_no@spam_hush.com>
wrote:

>'USB Safely Remove' is a USB and SATA external drive manager included by
>PCWorld magazine into "TOP 100 Best Products Of 2008". It solves a bunch
>of problems encountered by frequent USB and SATA users, for example:
>
> * Shows what processes prevent your device from being stopped
> * Lets you reactivate your accidentally stopped hotplug device
>without reconnecting it physically
> * Hides drives of empty card reader slots
>
>Free lifetime license for v4.1 - offer valid Aug 19th-25th
>
>http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-19th-25th.htm

If you want to really get your geek on you could try this:
http://www.pro-it-education.de/software/deviceremover/

It'll tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your system,
but if you just want to manage your USB sticks then Safely Remove will
do the job nicely.

--
Ray Greene

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ray Greene wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:19:58 +1200, joe_90 <joe_90_no@spam_hush.com>
> wrote:
>
>> 'USB Safely Remove' is a USB and SATA external drive manager
>> included by PCWorld magazine into "TOP 100 Best Products Of 2008".
>> It solves a bunch of problems encountered by frequent USB and SATA
>> users, for example:
>>
>> * Shows what processes prevent your device from being stopped
>> * Lets you reactivate your accidentally stopped hotplug device
>> without reconnecting it physically
>> * Hides drives of empty card reader slots
>>
>> Free lifetime license for v4.1 - offer valid Aug 19th-25th
>>
>> http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...-19th-25th.htm

> If you want to really get your geek on you could try this:
> http://www.pro-it-education.de/software/deviceremover/

Wow! That is *way* too geek for me! (Never thought I'd say that.)

> It'll tell you everything you ever wanted to know about your system,
> but if you just want to manage your USB sticks then Safely Remove will
> do the job nicely.

Cool. Then I'll stick with it.

Cheers,
--