Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > internationalization problem continues.

internationalization problem continues.

Francois Malgreve

I am using .txt resources files to put my translation.
I am not using the resx files because the people that will translate the
fields are very non technical and an XML file would overwhelm them.

Anyway I create my txt files, with things like
txtSearch=search
txtUndo=undo

I set their property as being embedded resources which makes that they are
compiled in satelite assemblies.

Nevertheless when I run my application it does not work and ASP.NET
complains syaing something like :
"Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the
neutral culture) in the given assembly. Make sure "mytext.resources" was
correctly embedded or linked into assembly InternationalDemo.resources".

A solution I found is to run manually resgen.exe on each of my .txt files.
It will generated .resources files that I include in my solution. those
..resources files will also generate satellite assemblies but this time when
I run the application it works.

Then my questions is: Is there anyone who knows why the heck the satellites
assemblies generated from the .txt files do no work but the one from the
..resrouces files do?

Best regards and thanks in advance for any answers.

Francois