Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can not see home network

Can not see home network

=?Utf-8?B?RGFya3dhdGVy?=

I have a laptop that does not see my home network when I am using the
wireless card. It does see the home network when connected by cable. I can
connect to the Internet through the wireless card just not my home network. I
have the two connection setup the same. Any ideas?

Malke

Darkwater wrote:

> I have a laptop that does not see my home network when I am using the
> wireless card. It does see the home network when connected by cable. I
> can connect to the Internet through the wireless card just not my home
> network. I have the two connection setup the same. Any ideas?

What are you using for a firewall? You haven't provided any specific
details, but it rather sounds like you have a firewall closing off the
wireless connection and not on the ethernet one. Are you using ICS?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Clark

What type of wireless security are you using, WEP (open or shared) or WAP or
MAC Filtering?

What IP address are you showing, and does it seem correct for your network?

Are you using Ad Hoc or Infrastructure?

Clark

news:(E-Mail Removed)...