Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows keeps rebooting

Reply
Thread Tools

Windows keeps rebooting

 
 
asdfasdfasdf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2009
Hi,
I've installed Flightgear Flight Simulator on my PC, however I am having
some issues with it. When using certain aircraft, the sound gets distorted,
then the computer freezes for a couple seconds and reboots. After Rebooting
it tells me that it just recovered from a serious error and asks me to send
an error report. It tells me this is a blue screen error. I went to
troubleshooting and it asked me to update my drivers and look for hardware
conflict and make sure my drivers are signed by Microsoft, but even after I
do that I still have the problem
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Bobby Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2009
I think you have stumbled into the wrong group. This is for 64-bit
Windows, not XP Home or Pro 32-bit.

You might start in microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support


asdfasdfasdf wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed Flightgear Flight Simulator on my PC, however I am having
> some issues with it. When using certain aircraft, the sound gets distorted,
> then the computer freezes for a couple seconds and reboots. After Rebooting
> it tells me that it just recovered from a serious error and asks me to send
> an error report. It tells me this is a blue screen error. I went to
> troubleshooting and it asked me to update my drivers and look for hardware
> conflict and make sure my drivers are signed by Microsoft, but even after I
> do that I still have the problem

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Carlos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2009
Hi,
Sounds like something is overheating.
Turn off and unplug your PC, open the case, eliminate all the dust clogging
fans, check for stuck fans and try again.
Carlos

"asdfasdfasdf" wrote:

> Hi,
> I've installed Flightgear Flight Simulator on my PC, however I am having
> some issues with it. When using certain aircraft, the sound gets distorted,
> then the computer freezes for a couple seconds and reboots. After Rebooting
> it tells me that it just recovered from a serious error and asks me to send
> an error report. It tells me this is a blue screen error. I went to
> troubleshooting and it asked me to update my drivers and look for hardware
> conflict and make sure my drivers are signed by Microsoft, but even after I
> do that I still have the problem

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom Ferguson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2009

I would suspect that there is a fatal exception/error arising when one of
the program modules accesses video or audio.

As you might be aware. "Flightgear Flight Simulator" is an 'open source'
project. There might be something useful available from its web site.

http://www.flightgear.org/

This is one case when the latest drivers might not help. However, they are
worth checking for and trying. The program might actually require certain
drivers be installed because of the way it 'hooks into' the drivers. I don't
know - It's just speculation on my part.

Anyway, do check out the web site. There are links to fora and FAQ.

Tom Ferguson




"asdfasdfasdf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I've installed Flightgear Flight Simulator on my PC, however I am having
> some issues with it. When using certain aircraft, the sound gets
> distorted,
> then the computer freezes for a couple seconds and reboots. After
> Rebooting
> it tells me that it just recovered from a serious error and asks me to
> send
> an error report. It tells me this is a blue screen error. I went to
> troubleshooting and it asked me to update my drivers and look for hardware
> conflict and make sure my drivers are signed by Microsoft, but even after
> I
> do that I still have the problem


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bobby Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-18-2009
What was created for what?

Van Chocstraw wrote:
> That's what it was created for.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom Lake
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2009
Oh, you know!

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What was created for what?
>
> Van Chocstraw wrote:
>> That's what it was created for.




 
Reply With Quote
 
asdfasdfasdf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2009
Yes my computer has an overheating problem but it usually has a loud annoying
alarm whent it over heats

"Carlos" wrote:

> Hi,
> Sounds like something is overheating.
> Turn off and unplug your PC, open the case, eliminate all the dust clogging
> fans, check for stuck fans and try again.
> Carlos
>
> "asdfasdfasdf" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I've installed Flightgear Flight Simulator on my PC, however I am having
> > some issues with it. When using certain aircraft, the sound gets distorted,
> > then the computer freezes for a couple seconds and reboots. After Rebooting
> > it tells me that it just recovered from a serious error and asks me to send
> > an error report. It tells me this is a blue screen error. I went to
> > troubleshooting and it asked me to update my drivers and look for hardware
> > conflict and make sure my drivers are signed by Microsoft, but even after I
> > do that I still have the problem

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bobby Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-19-2009
And exactly which operating system are you using?

asdfasdfasdf wrote:
> Yes my computer has an overheating problem but it usually has a loud annoying
> alarm whent it over heats
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Sounds like something is overheating.
>> Turn off and unplug your PC, open the case, eliminate all the dust clogging
>> fans, check for stuck fans and try again.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "asdfasdfasdf" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I've installed Flightgear Flight Simulator on my PC, however I am having
>>> some issues with it. When using certain aircraft, the sound gets distorted,
>>> then the computer freezes for a couple seconds and reboots. After Rebooting
>>> it tells me that it just recovered from a serious error and asks me to send
>>> an error report. It tells me this is a blue screen error. I went to
>>> troubleshooting and it asked me to update my drivers and look for hardware
>>> conflict and make sure my drivers are signed by Microsoft, but even after I
>>> do that I still have the problem

 
Reply With Quote
 
asdfasdfasdf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2009
Windows XP professional service pack 3

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

> And exactly which operating system are you using?
>
> asdfasdfasdf wrote:
> > Yes my computer has an overheating problem but it usually has a loud annoying
> > alarm whent it over heats
> >
> > "Carlos" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> Sounds like something is overheating.
> >> Turn off and unplug your PC, open the case, eliminate all the dust clogging
> >> fans, check for stuck fans and try again.
> >> Carlos
> >>
> >> "asdfasdfasdf" wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi,
> >>> I've installed Flightgear Flight Simulator on my PC, however I am having
> >>> some issues with it. When using certain aircraft, the sound gets distorted,
> >>> then the computer freezes for a couple seconds and reboots. After Rebooting
> >>> it tells me that it just recovered from a serious error and asks me to send
> >>> an error report. It tells me this is a blue screen error. I went to
> >>> troubleshooting and it asked me to update my drivers and look for hardware
> >>> conflict and make sure my drivers are signed by Microsoft, but even after I
> >>> do that I still have the problem

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Bobby Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-27-2009
Then you have stumbled into the wrong forum. Your system is 32-bit.
This forum is for 64-bit as noted in the address.

Try starting @ microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support which is for
Windows XP Home and Pro 32-bit.


asdfasdfasdf wrote:
> Windows XP professional service pack 3
>
> "Bobby Johnson" wrote:
>
>> And exactly which operating system are you using?
>>
>> asdfasdfasdf wrote:
>>> Yes my computer has an overheating problem but it usually has a loud annoying
>>> alarm whent it over heats
>>>
>>> "Carlos" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>> Sounds like something is overheating.
>>>> Turn off and unplug your PC, open the case, eliminate all the dust clogging
>>>> fans, check for stuck fans and try again.
>>>> Carlos
>>>>
>>>> "asdfasdfasdf" wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>> I've installed Flightgear Flight Simulator on my PC, however I am having
>>>>> some issues with it. When using certain aircraft, the sound gets distorted,
>>>>> then the computer freezes for a couple seconds and reboots. After Rebooting
>>>>> it tells me that it just recovered from a serious error and asks me to send
>>>>> an error report. It tells me this is a blue screen error. I went to
>>>>> troubleshooting and it asked me to update my drivers and look for hardware
>>>>> conflict and make sure my drivers are signed by Microsoft, but even after I
>>>>> do that I still have the problem

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keeps rebooting The Green Lantern Computer Support 7 02-01-2004 05:36 PM
Windows 98 keeps rebooting and shutting down Skydog Computer Information 15 01-26-2004 02:54 AM
WinXP Pro keeps rebooting... Jimmy Dean Computer Support 4 12-23-2003 12:37 AM
XP SP1 Keeps rebooting Caveman Computer Support 2 12-20-2003 05:50 AM
require some help windows 2000 keeps rebooting Anthony Crowder Computer Support 1 10-07-2003 10:04 PM



Advertisments