Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: Uninstalling mac python2.5 to install python2.6

Re: Uninstalling mac python2.5 to install python2.6

Ned Deily

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Farhan Sheikh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> i originally had python2.5 on my mac at the univeristy and had to get
> 2.6 to get NEST and pyNN to work together. however now as those are
> now installed, i had to install numpy.
>
> As i installed numpy, it only installed its directories into the
> python2.5 folders and as i am new to to mac terminals i don't know how
> to change its directories to be installed into python2.6. my question
> is, do i have to uninstall python 2.5 so that only python2.6 is on the
> machine or is there a way to change the path so it saves into python2.5?

There appears to be a NumPy installer image for Python 2.6 and OX 10.5
here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/

Multiple versions of python can co-exist on OS X. You definitely should
not remove the Apple-supplied python2.5 (linked to from /usr/bin/python)
in 10.5.

--
Ned Deily,