Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Xtra Gamers?

Xtra Gamers?

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce

In the off-chance that there are still some Xtra gamers reading this
ng....
Have any of you noticed a severe increase in ping to Aussie game
servers in the last few days? Best my kids are getting on our Go Large
account is 200->220ms in the evenings (to OZ). I know that Xtra may be
"managing" our usage, but the kids assure me that after many months of
OK performance, their gaming experience has ..... collapsed!?

Just wundrin'

EMB

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
> In the off-chance that there are still some Xtra gamers reading this
> ng....
> Have any of you noticed a severe increase in ping to Aussie game
> servers in the last few days? Best my kids are getting on our Go Large
> account is 200->220ms in the evenings (to OZ). I know that Xtra may be
> "managing" our usage, but the kids assure me that after many months of
> OK performance, their gaming experience has ..... collapsed!?
>
> Just wundrin'

The cynic in me says Telecom are intentionally doing this to Go Large
clients to convince them to move to the new "Big" plan.

BTW 56ms pings to Oz from my Xtra connection tonight (as usual).

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:57:04 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
>> In the off-chance that there are still some Xtra gamers reading this
>> ng....
>> Have any of you noticed a severe increase in ping to Aussie game
>> servers in the last few days? Best my kids are getting on our Go Large
>> account is 200->220ms in the evenings (to OZ). I know that Xtra may be
>> "managing" our usage, but the kids assure me that after many months of
>> OK performance, their gaming experience has ..... collapsed!?
>>
>> Just wundrin'
>>

>The cynic in me says Telecom are intentionally doing this to Go Large
>clients to convince them to move to the new "Big" plan.

Good point!

>BTW 56ms pings to Oz from my Xtra connection tonight (as usual).

I suspect if I tell the kids this, it will only make my life
harder.....

EMB

Lukagain Cos ThistleBounce wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:57:04 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> BTW 56ms pings to Oz from my Xtra connection tonight (as usual).

> I suspect if I tell the kids this, it will only make my life
> harder.....

I could get my kid to tell them for you And you'll be glad to know
that performance has degraded overnight and the pings are now 57ms.

Smiley Xtra Working?? LadySpudz Firefox 5 05-05-2005 08:03 AM
Why are my Menus needing an Xtra click to keep 'em Active? Anyone ? Fred-C- Computer Support 3 04-19-2005 10:02 PM
Smilie Xtra Extension Jeff Firefox 0 04-11-2005 01:02 AM
pop 3 xtra john.w.wood Computer Support 1 09-13-2004 10:23 AM
Xtra customers - be VERY careful, geopelia Computer Support 7 11-20-2003 03:25 AM

Advertisments