Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Getting new CODECs for Windows Media Player and Nero.

Re: Getting new CODECs for Windows Media Player and Nero.

Woger

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:21:34 +1200, Crash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have recently downloaded avi files from a Samsung digital camera and
>Windows Media Player (11) plays only the sound - no video. When
>downloaded onto another PC with Nero installed I get a message that
>the vids:MJPG codec was not found. My daughter has said that when she
>has downloaded similar files in the past (to the Nero PC) they have
>played without problems. So I don't have first-hand knowledge of why
>Nero no longer will play these files.
>
>My understanding of media player technology is very limited. A Google
>search of vids:mjpg returns a lot of references to inserting movies in
>a powerpoint presentation.
>
>Is this simply a case of finding the appropriate codec for Nero and
>WMP? If so where is the best place to look?
>
>TIA,

Use this far better

http://www.gomlab.com/eng/

Woger

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:18:17 +1200, Crash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:00:33 +1200, Woger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 13:21:34 +1200, Crash <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>I have recently downloaded avi files from a Samsung digital camera and
>>>Windows Media Player (11) plays only the sound - no video. When
>>>downloaded onto another PC with Nero installed I get a message that
>>>the vids:MJPG codec was not found. My daughter has said that when she
>>>has downloaded similar files in the past (to the Nero PC) they have
>>>played without problems. So I don't have first-hand knowledge of why
>>>Nero no longer will play these files.
>>>
>>>My understanding of media player technology is very limited. A Google
>>>search of vids:mjpg returns a lot of references to inserting movies in
>>>a powerpoint presentation.
>>>
>>>Is this simply a case of finding the appropriate codec for Nero and
>>>WMP? If so where is the best place to look?
>>>
>>>TIA,

>>Use this far better
>>
>>http://www.gomlab.com/eng/

>Tried it - same results as WMP. No errors, audio but no video.

Try the Samsung support site as Samsung uses modified standards, like the do
with there MP3 players.

like SVI is not the same as AVI but similar.