Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > top level marker?

top level marker?

Brian Henry

I have a template that can be used a few levels deep, but my images folder
is in the top level so i have a structure like this

\
|-- Images
|------- Template
|-- Documents
|------- Documents Folder 2
|---------------- Documents Folder 3

how would I use the same template on all levels and not have to keep going
.../../../../../ for each level of the refrences to the images folder at the
top level? I thought there was a ~/ thing but I cant figure out how to get
it to work correctly. thanks!

Carl Prothman [MVP]

Brian Henry wrote:
> I have a template that can be used a few levels deep, but my images
> folder is in the top level so i have a structure like this
>
> \
>> -- Images
>> ------- Template
>> -- Documents
>> ------- Documents Folder 2
>> ---------------- Documents Folder 3

> how would I use the same template on all levels and not have to keep
> going ../../../../../ for each level of the refrences to the images
> folder at the top level? I thought there was a ~/ thing but I cant
> figure out how to get it to work correctly. thanks!

The tilde (~) character represents the root directory of the application.
So to include a file, use the tilde (~) as follows:
<!-- #include virtual="~/_lib/functions.asp" -->

For more information, see:
http://authors.aspalliance.com/remas...Features/Tilde

Plus if you are using a UserControl, the page talks about tilde (~) also.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...onregister.asp

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman