Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > XP and win95

XP and win95

Steve

I have a wireless home network set up with an XP desktop wired to a
linksys wireless router and a win95 laptop connected with a wireless
card. Both computers can access the internet with no problem. I have
folders set up to share on both computers. My problem is that the
desktop can see the laptop and share it's files but the laptop cannot
see the desktop or share it's files. Can anyone point me in the right
direction to solve this? Thank you in advance.

Jack

Hi
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:MwuBe.720$(E-Mail Removed). ..

Jack wrote:
> Hi
> May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:MwuBe.720$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>
>>I have a wireless home network set up with an XP desktop wired to a
>>linksys wireless router and a win95 laptop connected with a wireless
>>card. Both computers can access the internet with no problem. I have
>>folders set up to share on both computers. My problem is that the
>>desktop can see the laptop and share it's files but the laptop cannot
>>see the desktop or share it's files. Can anyone point me in the right
>>direction to solve this? Thank you in advance.

I checked the site but still no help. I don't know if I should be
looking at the settings for the router or the desktop or the laptop.

Jack

Hi
If both computers have Internet connection leave the Router as is.
To share files both computers need to be set for File sharing. The page in
my post above has links to Sharing's instructions for all Windows clients
OS'.
If you set the sharing and it does not work well look here:
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:B4yBe.1279$(E-Mail Removed) ...