Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > WiFi phone goes unresponsive with Gizmo5

WiFi phone goes unresponsive with Gizmo5

M.L.

My Dlink DPH-541 WiFi phone doesn't ring in response to inbound
callers after a certain amount of time. I just verified that it stops
responding after 2 hours although it might have stopped responding
before that. When I open the clamshell it shows that it is registered,
but I have to Restart the phone to get it working properly again. What
particularly frustrates me is that this problem didn't happen at all
when I used Callcentric as my SIP provider.

I'm currently using Sipsorcery tied to my Gizmo5/GoogleVoice SIP
account. Sipsorcery has a Keep Alive option that I activated. I set
the Register Expiry in both Sipsorcery and Gizmo5 at 3600 seconds and
then to 60 seconds, but it makes no difference. This problem happened
with Gizmo5 even before I used Sipsorcery. Any assistance or ideas to
help this situation will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.